Now brownies in my house always go down well, mainly because 1 they’re really quick to make, and 2 because they taste absolutely delicious. Don’t mean to brag haha. Anyway I know a lot of people love a good chocolate orange combo (a well known chocolate tends to go down very well at Christmas) so I decided on a vegan friendly chocolate orange brownies because who doesn’t love a good brownies warm with ice cream on top? Ready for this yummy recipe?
- 250g self raising flour
- Zest of an orange
- 80ml agave nectar
- 4 tablespoons cacao powder
- 200g of vegan chocolate – I used Sainsburys!
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons oil – I used sunflower
- 250ml vegan milk – I used rice milk
- Start off by preheating your oven to Gas Mark 4/180 degrees C
- Heat a saucepan of water and place a bowl on top, making sure that the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl .Begin melting the 200g of vegan milk chocolate that you’ve set aside for melting. Slowly melt the chocolate, once melted set aside.
- Sieve the flour and the cacao powder into a mixing bowl, and add in the wet ingredients and slowly mix until every ingredient is combined perfectly.
- Slowly add the zest of an orange, you don’t want too much, you want just enough for a yummy and refreshing orange taste!
- Now add the melted chocolate to the mix.
- Once the mixture is complete you can pour the mixture into a baking tray and cook for 20 minutes until they’re cooked perfectly on the outside but still a little gooey on the inside.
Voila! The perfect chocolate brownie recipe for the festive season that will be perfect for any occasion, especially when topped with ice cream!
Let me know if you try this recipe! Would love to hear your thoughts!
Like what you’ve read? How about we become social media friends?