Now when we’re all shattered the last thing we really want to do is spend an hour in the kitchen cooking dinner, we want something that is quick, is easy and is beyond delicious! This is actually one of my favourite meals, and I tend to make this as a smaller portion for lunch! If you’re looking to meal prep it for during the week, then honestly it is so easy to do, I’m pretty sure anyone could do it! So are you ready to find out how to make this beyond delicious recipe? Let’s go!
This recipe will make enough for 2 people for dinner, however you can bulk it out with a variety of vegetables etc.
- 2 cup cous cous
- 1 cup vegetable broth or a stock cube if you have that in the cupboard
- 1 tin of cherry tomatoes
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 pepper
- 3 kale leaves (they’re normally pretty big leaves)
- 6 baby cornlettes
- I used vegan quorn pieces but you use tofu, beans, lentils, or anything like that!
- 8 baby mushrooms
- Salt, pepper and paprika to taste.
- Measure out the cous cous and pour into a bowl.
- Boil a kettle and measure out the vegetable broth powder – I use Marigold Swiss Boullion powder as it is perfect!
- Mix together and pour over the dried cous cous and set aside.
- In a pan add the pepper, kale leaves, baby cornlettes, mushrooms and quorn pieces and allow to cook slowly. Salt, pepper and paprika as necessary.
- Once the kale has started to wilt add in the tinned tomatoes. After this it should take around 5 minutes to cook on a medium heat.
- Fluff your cous cous so it doesn’t look so stuck together and add the vegetables and voila!
A delicious meal that is ridiculously filling and full of flavour! I didn’t have a lot of the tomato juice on my cous cous as I don’t want it too much this time, but you can use some of the tinned tomato juice that comes with the tomatoes if you like it!
Like what you’ve read? How about we become social media friends?