I love healthy living, however, it is also important to have balance, especially when it comes to treats, and I definitely know how to make some amazing treats for my loved ones! They go down so well with them, and this week, I am brining a brand new recipe to you, that is delicious and decadent but not only that it is perfect for family treats, parties and my personal favourite’s movie and game nights with my husband.
So what is the deliciousness that you see before you? This week it is Chocolate and Chia doughnuts with a strawberry glaze on top, and want to know the best bit? They’re so easy to make and taste fantastic! Ready for the recipe? Let’s go.
|Prep Time||Cooking/Cooling Time||Overall Time||Yields|
|15 Minutes||1 Hour||1 Hour 15 Mins||10 Doughnuts|
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder – Goodyfull
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds – Goodyfull
Strawberry Glaze Ingredients
- 5 cups strawberries
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
Method – Doughnuts
- Mix all of the ingredients for the doughnuts into a food processor and make sure that all of your ingredients are mixed thoroughly. The last thing you’re going to want is a rouge bit of flour that has managed to avoid the mixer!
- Make sure that you’ve greased your doughnut tin, even if it is non stick!
- Add the mixture to the doughnut tin, make sure that there isn’t too much in your tin because if there is it might look more like a roll on the top rather than a doughnut.
- Put your tin into the oven for 15 minutes at Gas Mark 6 | 400 F | 200 C. Remember to continuously check to make sure that your doughnuts aren’t burning, all depends on your mixture!
- Leave to cool for 1 hour.
- Once cooled and the glaze has cooled you can spread onto the top of the doughnuts.
Method – Glaze
- Squash all of the strawberries down until they’re in a pulp form, once you’ve done that, mix the maple syrup into the mixture.
- Once you’ve done that, heat the mixture on a low heat for around 5 – 8 minutes until the mixture has thickened.
- Pour into a pot and allow to cool.
Like what you’ve read? How about we become social media friends?