Oh I’m the furthest thing from a morning person, I am the worst person in the morning, I honestly communicate in grunts or frowns in the morning, I’m the worst. That snooze button over the years has got overused way too many times, and dragging yourself out of bed can be incredibly difficult. A lot of people aren’t morning people *holds hand up to the sky* so I thought I would put together a blog post on how I’m going to try and become a morning person with steps on how you can too, because let’s be honest it could really help make a difference. I am already noticing the difference, and you could too!
1. Drink a glass of water – When it comes to waking up in the morning, before I do anything like have breakfast or have my first cup of green tea, I have the biggest glass of water. I really find it wakes me up on the inside, and not only that it is so refreshing!
2. Have something to look forward – This can be so important, and I cannot stress this enough, if you want to get out of bed and you want to get up early, you need to have something to look forward to. Give yourself some motivation in the morning, so that can be anything from an amazing cup of tea, a good workout, a delicious breakfast anything that will get you out of bed with a jump!
3. Stretch it out – When I get out of bed in the morning, so I stretch my legs out, my arms and some yoga, which awakens all of the muscles in my body and awakens myself which really helps me!
4. Set 2 alarms – This is something my husband does because if he gets up too quickly he has a horrific migraine, so set an alarm for around 15 minutes before you’re supposed to wake up. This allows your body to slowly wake up, and it’s not like you’re rushing around which can definitely help your state of mind about actually getting out of the bed in the first place. Take it from me as someone who literally never wants to get out of bed ever.
5. Plan your day – When you have a plan, you can achieve anything and everything, so I think it is incredibly important to make sure that you have a clear structure to your day. When you have some sort of timetable, you know what you need to do throughout the day, but not only that you can also give yourself some serious motivation!
6. Play music – When I’m trying to get up, sometimes having a song or a beat that you can sing and dance to is more likely to wake you up a bit more. So play a song that gets you going in the morning, a song that you can sing along to!
7. Have a shower – After an amazing shower, I literally feel like I can take on the world, I feel revitalised, and fantastic, but not only that I finally feel alive rather than like a zombie.
8. Have a power breakfast – If you think that you haven’t got time for breakfast, remember that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. There are things that you can make the night before like overnight oats which have all of the deliciousness in it and be really healthy. Other things that can be made quickly in the morning like smoothies can be fabulous too!
9. Go to bed earlier – Making sure that you have enough sleep at night is so important, because if you don’t get enough sleep, honestly how are you able to function? So try to aim for around 8 hours sleep, sleep is really important for your health!
10. Get natural light – When you’re waking up in the morning, letting in some natural light can be incredibly helpful. I find by opening the curtains in the morning, letting the light in, it helps my head to wake up and feel more alert, even when it’s raining!
Like what you’ve read? How about we become social media friends?