I have absolutely adored the Raw Chocolate Company for so so long, they literally have some of the most incredible chocolate around, and I have created some incredible recipes specially for The Raw Chocolate Company! The recipe that I’ve decided to share with you today is my fabulous Vegan Chocolate Orange Muffins! They might not look very chocolaty, however, the lighting definitely doesn’t do them justice, but I promise you they’re delicious!
People who love a bit of citrus with their sweet, then these are perfect and the recipe is just in time for Halloween, what you can do is add more chocolate with some orange decorations and Halloween treats are ready and waiting for you.
Honestly these are absolutely delicious, they’re a little bit naughty but they’re way too nice to turn down, I mean look at them, they’re beautiful.
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ cacao powder
- ¼ hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- ¾ cup milk (almond, rice, soya, coconut etc)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Start off by mixing all of the ingredients above into a mixer and make sure that all of the ingredients are thoroughly mixed in (you don’t want any flour clumps in your muffins)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit | Gas Mark 6
- Put your muffin cases onto the muffin tray and make sure you’ve greased the cases.
- Slowly take a teaspoon of mixture at a time (after the 1st teaspoon, sprinkle a few chocolate chips in) and put them into the muffin cases (do not over fill them, I go to just below ¾ of the way)
- Leave your muffins to cook for 25 – 30 mins depending on the density of your muffins, if you’re unsure if they’re cooked, get a knife and put it into the middle of the cake, if it comes out clean, they’re cooked.
- Leave to cool before eating!