As most of you will know, healthy living is one of the most important things to me, so having a healthy lifestyle is something I genuinely strive for in general. Knowing that breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day, sometimes you need some early planning to make sure that you have the energy that you need to get through the day! I came up with a quick recipe that you can get done in a batch to get you through the week.
|Prep Time||Cooking/Cooling Time||Overall Time||Yields|
|5 Minutes||1 Hour||1 Hour 5 Mins||9 Muffins|
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 /2 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- egg replacer for 2 eggs (follow individual instructions)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup cherries
- Flaked almonds to top
- Measure out all of the ingredients that you need, mix all of the ingredients together in a food processor apart from the flaked almonds.
- Make sure that all of the ingredients are well mixed. The mixture will be quite liquid, so please don’t panic if your mixture is very liquid!
- Carefully pour the mixture into muffin cases, you don’t need too much because you want them to be bitesize for on the go.
- Flake almonds on the top of your muffins
- Set your oven at Gas Mark 4 | 180 C | 350 F and leave to cook for 20 minutes or until golden brown on the top.
If you try this recipe, please do let me know how you get on with it!
Like what you’ve read? How about we become social media friends?