We are almost a week into 2018 and slowly getting back into daily life without all the Christmas decoration has been a struggle. If you saw my Twitter the other day I’ve been particularly up and down with my emotions and the way I have been feeling, I mean if you called me grumpy that would be an understatement. Although as I was having moments where I didn’t want to get out of bed, I sat for a moment and thought about something I learned through CBT – celebrate the small victories.
4 simple words like celebrate the small victories really mean so much when you’re struggling and to anyone just in general.
I think life really does seem to pass us by so quickly, I mean how has Christmas and New Year been and gone like a flash of light, and we forget that even through the bad times we are still managing to do the small things everyday.
We are all culprits of focusing on things that we are not doing so well at, focusing on the negative side of things but we forget the victories that we do have in our lives.
So what are the small victories that we should be celebrating?
- Did you manage to get out of bed today?
- Did you manage to have a shower today?
- Did you manage to do your washing up today?
- Did you manage to make your bed today?
- Have you remembered to take any medication that you need to today?
- Have you made sure you’ve eaten breakfast, lunch and dinner today?
- Have you made sure you hydrated your body today?
- Have you managed to practice a little bit of self care today?
- Have you tidied your place up today?
- Have you found a reason to smile today?
These are all questions that I ask myself everyday because I think it is so important to remind yourself that even the little things mean a hell of a lot. By celebrating those small little victories it makes you smile, it builds you up, it makes you happy and I personally feel like it gives me the motivation to keep going.
Celebrate those small victories, be proud of yourself! Even if it is just a couple of those things a day, you’re doing a fabulous job. Small steps in the right direction really do make a massive difference!
Do you relate to this post? Are you taking inspiration from this post? Let me know in the comments!
Like what you’ve read? How about we become social media friends?