Sunday’s are notoriously days where people rest, try to get their mind in gear for the week ahead even if they might be dreaming of sunnier climbs with a cocktail in hand. Sundays are a very important part of any week, they allow me to catch up on so much mainly but also spend time with the people that I love. Sometimes however, we need some quiet time, a time where we can just be in peace and tranquillity. So what are some of the things that you can do this Sunday for your quiet time?
- Reading – This is one of my favourite quiet time pastimes mainly because it gets you immersed in a place away from everything around you. If you’re looking for amazing books then I have a couple here that you might be interested in!
- Long walks – I have been doing this a lot lately especially with my in laws. Going for a walk can really help me to clear my mind and relax me.
- Get creative – I have no creative bone in my body when it comes to things like drawing and art, I mean my stick men are awful, and I mean absolutely horrendous. But things like making a scrapbook I am really really good at, I haven’t done one in so long though, I need to start doing my scrapbooks again.
- Look back on old memories – This always inspires me to get through the week. Seeing past photos of the people that I love always makes everything better for me, and honestly inspires me to keep attempting to chase my dreams.
- Reassess my goals – Sometimes on a Sunday we don’t always want to just rest, we need something to motivate us through the rest of the week. Reassessing goals can really help to put our mind back into the right frame of mind and to just keep going.
- Learn something new – I always want to learn something new and challenge myself, I personally love learning new languages, it’s my thing and it’s always so fascinating!
- Bake – baking is definitely my quiet time, mainly because it is just me and I’m able to put my heart and soul into baking something absolutely amazing and getting to enjoy it later!
- Get back to nature – there are lots of ways that you can do this, whether it is laying in the garden and listening to the birds, or going to the woods and just being around wildlife, it is the perfect thing for a calming Sunday.
What are some of the things you do on a Sunday? Let me know in the comments!
Like what you’ve read? How about we become social media friends?