The other morning I woke up, I rolled over, looked at my husband and I just thought, oh my days I’ve been married 2 years this year, I have changed my name to my married name and we’re looking at moving out soon. Honestly I have grown so much, but not only that I have been through so much over the last few years, I feel like my experiences have allowed me to grow so much.
I think so many people can change over time, an we learn so many things everyday, but it is important to use what we learn to grow as people throughout our life! So what have I learned since I’ve become and adult and had to grow up? Being a grown up is so tough as hell, want to know what I’ve learned?
I’ve learned so many thing along the way though:
- I can use a washing machine, I mean honestly that is the most important thing you could learn in life.
- I can budget, even though I struggle with it sometimes.
- I have never gone hungry, I can cook and I can most definitely bake.
- The house is still standing, I mean that is probably an achievement for a 20 something.
- I still struggle to get up in the morning, I mean alarms always have about 8 alarms on in the morning just to get up.
- Even though I have my husband I always end up speaking to myself, and it really helps me to get stuff done and just to keep going with what I’m doing.
- You never forget to pay your bills, you need to and it’s important to remember that those bills are not going to go away and they need to be paid.
- I still have got to learn to turn the lights off before I get into bed, I still forget that one.
- Always remember to buy toilet roll, I mean honestly I still forget that even now, thank god for a shop being open till 10 which is just down the road! Happy days!
- Schedule your chores, I mean honestly the hoovering, dusting, washing up and everything isn’t going to get done if you don’t!
The most important that I have learned, is appreciate everything that you have, you might not have everything that you want but it isn’t about getting everything you want straight away, it is about working hard to achieve it. Appreciate what you have beside you, I haven’t moved out yet, but I have a husband, we are saving up to be able to buy a house, but I am so lucky to have Paul by my side, I wouldn’t be here without him and that is the most important thing in the world.
Never forget how lucky you are to have a fabulous family, friends and life.
What have you learned by growing up? Leave your response in the comments!
Like what you’ve read? How about we become social media friends?