Chia seeds are a staple part of my diet, I have them all of the time! Literally with everything, and that is not me being over the top, I put them with my breakfast, lunch, and if I could probably dinner. However, they are so good for you and they’re definitely something that you should add into your regular diet because they’re incredibly healthy for you.
So when I got send some of these wonderful organic Chia seeds from Goodyfull I was in absolute heaven, so I decided to write a wonderful review for you all, but also give you a recipe on how to make cupcakes that can be used for breakfast and celebrating!
They don’t really have a taste in all honesty, and that is me being honest, which can sometimes be a good thing. The reason I say this is because then they are versatile and can be easily used in a variety of meals, I personally use them in oats, smoothies, salads, well anything that will genuinely take it which is anything you put your mind to. I do however notice the difference between regular chia seeds, I have noticed that I have more energy, and this is coming from someone who has chia seeds on a regular basis.
Easy To Use?
Honestly they are some of the easiest things to use in the world, all you need to do is is take them out of the packaging and put them in whatever you’re eating. These ones are fantastic, I’d personally suggest measuring out the amount that you need first, because it is very easy to use quite a lot because they’re quite small and you might think, well there isn’t actually a lot there, but I am not joking it’s easy to use lots!
Value For Money?
Definitely, they do go a long way (as long as you don’t do an Amie and use loads because you misjudge it) and this bag for the wonderful friends as Goodyfull it is £5.98 per delivery. The good thing about Goodyfull is the fact that you can sign up to them and get them delivered either every month, every 2 months or every 3 months, so it means you will always have them in your cupboard!
They’re absolutely amazing, and honestly I will definitely be signing up because I think it is going to be one of the most beneficial things for me, especially as I use them every day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Recipe – Raspberry, Chia Seed & Vanilla Muffins
|Prep Time||Cooking/Cooling Time||Overall Time||Yields|
|30 Minutes||1 Hour||1 Hour 30 Mins||12 Muffins|
- 1½ cups flour
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ cup raspberries
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- ½ cacao powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- ¾ cup milk (almond, rice, soya, coconut etc)
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar (remember to sift)
- ½ vegan butter (I used vitalite)
- ½ coconut milk
- Start off by adding in the vegan butter, vanilla & milk on a slow speed.
- Once you’ve started the mixing slowly add in the sifted powdered sugar, remember to do this slowly because you don’t want an accident with putting the sugar everywhere!
- Once you’ve added all the powdered sugar and it’s mixed in, keep it beating for a while just to make sure that the mixture is fluffy to put them all on the muffins.
- Once you’ve done this, split your mixture and add the cacao powder to the half left in the food processor, that way you can split the mixture and get the white and chocolate frosting!
- I refrigerated my frosting after leaving it to rest for 20 minutes. This makes it really easy to spread or pipe on depending on what you are wanting to do.
Method – Muffins
- Start off by mixing all of the ingredients above into a mixer, and make sure that all of the ingredients are thoroughly mixed in (you don’t want any flour clumps in your muffins)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit | Gas Mark 6
- Put your muffin cases onto the muffin tray and make sure you’ve greased the cases.
- Slowly take a teaspoon of mixture at a time and put them into the muffin cases (do not over fill them, I go to just below ¾ of the way)
- Leave your muffins to cook for 25 – 30 mins depending on the density of your muffins, if you’re unsure if they’re cooked, get a knife and put it into the middle of the cake, if it comes out clean, they’re cooked.
- Leave your muffins to cool for at least an hour before frosting!
- Leave to cool before eating!
To start one of the best subscriptions ever, then click here to find out more information, I promise you it will be the best thing ever! You can get 50% off one product using the product code “thecurvaceousvegan”
Like what you’ve read? How about we become social media friends?
This review has been organised by the VEGAN lifestyle ASSOCIATION [https://veganlifestyleassoc.com/]. It has not been paid for and the products were sent free of charge. This is my genuine and unbiased review of the product.
Goodyfull is listed with the VLA and offers Associates a 15% discount and you can take advantage of this here [https://veganlifestyleassoc.com/directory-entries/goodyfull/].