Everyone loves a few sweet treats when it comes to Halloween, seeing your children’s faces light up to go trick or treating, well this can be a fun way to get your kids in the mood for Halloween and not only that is a recipe that they can get involved with too! I’m not going to lie, this recipe is a lot of fun, really quick and they come out super sweet which is everyone’s dream come true for Halloween!
How delicious do these look? They’re a dream come true when it comes to Halloween!
PrepCooking/Chilling TimeReady10 Mins1 Hour1hr 10 mins
For the rice krispie cakes
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp Lucuma Fruit Powder from The Raw Chocolate Company
- 2 tbsp Shelled Hemp Seeds
- 200g vegan rice krispies
- 250g marshmallows
- Medium marshmallows
- Your favourite vegan sweets
- Start off by lining a tray with some baking paper, make sure that nothing is sticking to your tray, that is the last thing you need.
- Begin melting the butter over a hot pan of water & make sure that you use a heatproof bowl and make sure that the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl. Once the butter has started melting, add in the marshmallows and make sure that the you give them time to melt, but continue to stir them so they don’t stick!
- Once the marshmallows are melted, add in the rice krispie treats, I’d suggest having a friend pour the rice krispies & hemp seeds in while you continue to stir, that way you can get them all into the mixture properly.
- Transfer the sweet treats into the baking tray, I didn’t flatten them, I left them messy so you could have some strange shapes for Halloween!
- Cut the remaining marshmallows in half that way you can put them on the top of the rice krispie treats & use vegan chocolate chips to create eyes. Once you’ve done this, add on all of your other sweets that you want on there.
- Transfer into the fridge to cool and harden for about an hour, when you’re ready, cut them into squares ready to party!