We all have moments don’t we, where we are looking at our computer, or our workspace and we literally have no understanding or idea of where to even start. I tend to have these if I have done too much, because then creatively you’re just exhausted! So when you’re having those kinds of moments, here are some tips to help you to work through and get your creative groove back.
1. Play music – I have found that listening to music can really help me when it comes to creativity. When you can sing along get lost in the music, sometimes the ideas and words just seem to flow so much better!
2. Take a bath – In a bath, you can honestly feel the biggest difference, especially if you have an amazing bath bomb, bubbles, a few candles, and a delicious body scrub to leave you smelling amazing!
3. Speak to loved ones – I know that when it comes to my family and friends, they’re some of my biggest inspiration so when it comes to talking to them it gives me so many ideas! It allows me to have different influences in my life but also it gives me a break from everything.
4. Pinterest – I usually go on a pinning spree, not to look for ideas, but just looking through photos of animals or quotes because it gets my brain thinking about things that could motivate me or make me think differently!
5. Cleaning – I can be a bit of a cleaning freak, so once I get started it is literally like I cannot stop, so when I want to get my creative head on but there is nothing that is getting me in the right frame of mind, I have a good clear out. You can gain so much from just clearing out, it’s literally like a good spring clean for yourself and your head!
6. Workout – This is literally my everything, I love working out and I found that it really helps to get my mind working, moving my body, focusing on me and my own happiness. Not only that if I do some yoga, it gives me a chance to get in touch with the inner me.
7. Cook some of your favourite food – When I am trying to work hard on some posts or some recipes, sometimes baking up a batch of my favourite brownies or muffins are the key. When you’re surrounded by fantastic food it gives your mind time to chill and just to enjoy the food that you’ve created!
8. Re read your favourite book – I love a good book, it is honestly one of the greatest things ever, it relaxes me so much, but not only that it can give you different perspectives on life. Whether it is an alternate life or following your dreams it can inspire you to be a better person.
9. Write a letter – I love writing letters, it is something that I absolutely adore, especially if it has the cutest stationary! I can’t resist cute stationary and it’s the perfect way to write the best letters.
10. Do something that you have always wanted to do – Honestly it is one of the best things that you could do to clear your creative rut, I have found that when you start following your dreams, everything starts to fall into place. Cheesy right? Well it’s true, and that can happen for you too!
What helps you when you’re in a creative rut? Leave your responses in the comments!
Like what you’ve read? How about we become social media friends?