I adore banana bread more than words can ever say, I mean in my household my husband would probably eat the entire banana bread because he loves it that much, so this one is a whole new recipe from my old recipe. The reason it is different is because 1 I had 0 baking powder in the house and 2, I was using left over ingredients to see if I could make it work. It worked, and turned out yummier than ever. So if you’re a lover of banana bread, you like a super easy recipe, then this is the recipe for you.
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 2 – 3 banana
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup vegan milk – I used rice milk
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons water – use sparingly
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- Preheat your oven at Gas Mark 6.
- Start off by melting down the frozen raspberries, this way you don’t get the added water from the frozen raspberries. When I first tried it, it kinda went a bit wrong to be honest haha! Once they’ve melted set aside and we will start on the other part of the mixture.
- Start by combining both flours, the agave nectar, bicarbonate of soda, bananas, lemon juice, milk, vanilla and coconut, and continue mixing until fully combined. If the mixture is still quite dry, add a little water and combine.
- Now I was trying to do the half and half kinda thing, I thought it would look so cute, however it ended up being like 1/4 and 3/4 kinda banana bread. So I poured some of my banana bread mixture into a tin and the rest I put into a mixing bowl with the defrosted raspberries and combined. I then poured the rest of the mixture on top of the other mixture.
- I topped my banana bread with some shredded coconut.
- Put in your oven on gas mark 6 for 20 – 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the mixture is cooked all the way through.
Tried this recipe? Did you like it? Leave your response in the comments.
Like what you’ve read? How about we become social media friends?