Now that it is getting darker earlier in the day now, I really struggle with the fact that it the nights are going to be so long. I hosted The Girl Gang chat last Monday on self care, and made it specific to the later months, because I know a lot of people struggle with relaxing at this time of the year. It is so important in the darker months when you need to try and take more care of yourself in the later months. So what are some of the things you need to do in the darker months?
1. Candles – Honestly I have found these made such a massive difference to me. The gorgeous scents going on, the light flickering and it just being a beyond relaxing time. It is definitely something that is beyond relaxing. My personal favourite is anything that has vanilla or coconut in it, they are the most relaxing fragrances known to man.
2. A relaxing bath – When it comes to a bath, you cannot go wrong with a fabulous bath bomb that makes the water changes so many amazing colours. I definitely recommend a good lush bath bomb, I adore them.
3. A gorgeous scented moisturiser – I have so many favourites and not only that when you smell good, it makes me feel so so good!
4. Clean sheets – There is literally nothing better than clean sheets, and that feeling when you crawl into bed the sheets are clean and you can just snuggle up.
5. A good book – I don’t think anyone understands the power of a good book, the moment that you just get into it, relax and enjoy it. It get you away from every pressure, every emotion, and takes you to a calm and relaxing place.
6. Cuddles – I adore cuddles with my husband, honestly they’re the most relaxing things in the world and not only that it just makes you feel so much better.
7. Fairy lights – I personally adore fairy lights, we have them absolutely everywhere, and it makes a massive difference, having relaxing lights everywhere just allows you to relax and with the candles on it is the perfect combination.
8. Blankets – I adore blankets and layering up in so many gorgeous blankets, I currently have a personal favourite which is a grey fluffy one! It is so soft and comforting, and keeps me super warm.
What are some of the things that you love to do when you’re trying to relax? We all have different techniques, they might help others!
Like what you’ve read? How about we become social media friends?