Honestly falling asleep is one of the biggest things I struggle with, especially at the moment. Most people say oh count sheep that will help, you’ll fall asleep in no time, but there is me at like 2am watching the ceiling and trying to figure out if the sandman is real and wants to help me to sleep, but that is a dream I’m not having snoozing. So I wonder if what goes through my mind is similar to what goes through yours? Let’s find out!
- When I need to sleep my pillows are uncomfortable, but when I have something to do, they’re ridiculously comfortable.
- Oooh I have cake in the kitchen, maybe something to eat will help me to sleep.
- But that is downstairs and that would require movement, that I am 100% not prepared for.
- Is the ceiling creating a pattern while I’m laying here?
- Maybe I should fluff my pillows would that help me sleep?
- Who has a birthday soon? Have I got a birthday card at least?
- Need to make a list.
- Maybe I should be productive, go through my emails or do something, anything beats just laying here bored.
- Oooh I wonder what is going on on social media?
- Would it be possible to stay up all night and work all day? I could become a super human.
- I could also watch Netflix. Netflix is always a good idea right?
- But what if I fall asleep? If I fall asleep with my computer on me, I’ll end up breaking it.
- Maybe if I plan my breakfast maybe that would help me to fall asleep quicker?
- I’m thirsty now. But I don’t want to drink too much or I’ll be going back and forth the toilet for hours.
- Ugh I really need the loo now.
- How have I only got 2 hours till my alarm? How am I going to cope with people?
- Not that I can cope with people on a good day, but even less so when I’ve not had a lot of sleep.
- Maybe I could cheer myself up by Facebook stalking people from school and see what they’re up to?
- I promise I’m going to have an early night tomorrow night, my body needs it.
- Maybe I need a better routine, like a bath, cuppa and a book?
- What have I got to do tomorrow?
- Oooh when have I got new programmes to catch up on?
- Maybe I could do that now?
- I keep trying to find the cold side of the pillow, and not finding it.
- Maybe I should try counting sheep again.
What are some of the thoughts that go through your head when you’re trying to sleep? Let me know in the comments!
Like what you’ve read? How about we become social media friends?