I love the fact that the weather is better, the sun is shining and you don’t have to bundle up in a coat, scarf, hat, gloves so I’m pretty happy that the weather is so beautiful! However, I’m not gonna put it mildly, I’m not a summer person at all. I’m really not. No matter how hard I try to be I’m literally just not. I think that is may be because I live in jeans. I adore my jeans and you have literally coax me out of them so why am I honestly not a summer person?
1. Being unable to cool down – this is a massive one for me because if I get too hot I honestly start to feel really sick and get quite ill so I hate not being able to cool down.
2. Not being able to wear jeans – I live in jeans, they’re the most comfy thing since sliced bread, I have so many pairs of jeans I cannot get enough of them. Can you tell I love jeans yet?
3. Chub rub – now I have large thighs, I’m plus size anyway, however where I cycle they don’t really reduce in size, they just tone. I still get chub rub, it’s one of the most annoying and painful things in the world!
4. I’m melting – forever struggling with melting, pretty sure I’m the wicked witch of the west when she has water thrown on her.
5. I need a walking fan – where I can never cool down I need a fan wherever I go, so if I go out, just have one hover beside me while I walk please.
6. Doing anything with your hair is beyond a struggle – let’s be honest whether it is frizz from the humidity, or trying to straighten or curl it with the temperature being so high it’s a bloody nightmare.
7. Make up problems – my make up normally stays in place on the rest of my face but when it comes to putting my sun glasses on, it always rubs off. Literally so annoying!
8. Forever getting bitten by the mosquitos – pretty sure the mosquitos see me and think oooh breakfast, lunch and dinner. I’ve already been bitten about 10 times in the last few days.
9. Trying to enjoy an ice lolly but it melting so quickly you don’t have a chance – the struggle is real I tell you. Nothing worse than having ice cream just melt down your hand.
10. Sunburn is a pain – honestly I have had some horrific sunburns and when you try to reach up and it pulls, probably the worst feeling ever!
It isn’t all doom and gloom though, we get the chance to have wonderful barbecues, go outside into nature, swim, have pool parties and lots of other wonderful things!
Do you relate to this post? Let me know what you think, and leave the response in the comments!
Like what you’ve read? How about we become social media friends?