I cannot believe that it is February already, honestly this year is going way too quickly for my liking! Recently, though I haven’t been the most positive peach, but there have been a lot of reasons for that, January hasn’t exactly been the greatest month for me but do you know what February is a new month, a new chance to focus on me! So I thought it was important to set out little reminders that will hopefully keep me positive! Need a little reminder? This is the post for you!
1. You’re beautiful – This might sound so simple, but while you’re rushing around like crazy and you might have neglected to make time for yourself, you might be absolutely shattered, you might not have had enough time to pamper yourself for a little while even just a long bubble bath, with a Lush bath bomb and a good book. You’re beautiful, look in the mirror, who do you see looking back at you, your beautiful smile, your wonderful eyes, your kind heart, your beautiful soul, your incredible sense of humour are all things that are fabulous about you.
2. You’re strong – Everyone goes through so many hard times, and it is incredibly difficult for people to cope, but look back on your life, look at what you’ve been through, you might have lost someone, had your heart broken, you might have had an accident, all of the troubles you’ve been through have happened for a reason, it is to challenge you, change you and to make you a stronger person.
3. You aren’t worthless – When people go through the most difficult of times, they can be made to feel like they’re not enough, they’re not good enough or that they’re worthless, when in reality, you’ve been put on this earth for a reason, you’re here to make a difference in the world, you are the most incredible person in the world, and you have people who love and care about you sitting all around you.
4. You mean a lot to someone – In your most difficult times, you might be feeling like you’re alone, but you’re not, there are so many people around you who love you, the way you light up a room when you smile, the way you can support a person through their darkest times, and the way that it doesn’t matter what happens in your life you always make time for the people you love.
5. You deserve to be happy – Everyone goes through difficult moments & everyone makes mistakes at some point but that doesn’t mean that you don’t deserve happiness, learning from your mistakes is an important part of life, and it doesn’t mean that that your happiness should be affected for the rest of your life. Apologise for your mistakes, make it right, that is an important part of your life.
6. Being yourself is so important – When you’re surrounded by people who set standards in the person that you should be, and then use labels on the type of person they judge you on, but to be honest there is nothing better than being yourself, you’re fabulous, incredible and perfect just the way you are, you don’t need to pretend to be someone you’re not, you don’t have to be anyone else, you are too incredible not to show the true person that you are.
7. You are allowed to have bad days – Bad days are common, and there is nothing wrong with that, it is one of the most difficult things, but by being surrounded by the people that you love and care about will get you through this. When you’re having a bad day, take a step back, look at what has caused this to happen, take one positive out of that day, it could be anything from you woke up early and saw the sun rise, or you woke up this morning after a lovely dream.
8. Don’t compare yourself to others – By comparing yourself to others is one of the worst things you can do, you are completely unique, there is no one like you in this entire world, you are perfect and beautiful and you should embrace the fabulous person that you are and love yourself.
9. Find a reason to smile every day – Every day there is so much going on in the world, don’t ever forget that there is always something to smile about, whether it is the fact you got a text from the someone you love, or maybe someone surprised you with a bunch of flowers, or you got an amazing letter in the post.
10. Don’t ever give up on the people you love – This might sound corny or something, but the people you love come into your life for a reason, they are here to support you, love you, care about you, and people make mistakes, they do things wrong, but that doesn’t mean they’re bad people, learn from your mistakes, giving up is never the option.
Like what you’ve read? How about we become social media friends?