2016 has been a massive year for me on so many levels, mainly because I’ve come so far in so may areas of my life however in some ways I genuinely cannot wait for this year to be over with. 2016 has definitely been a standout year for so many reasons though, firstly because I came off medication! Honestly that makes me so happy because I was on medication for 4 years and I felt like it was time in my journey. In other news I won 2 awards for my blog, 1 was The Girl Gang award and the 2nd one was a beauty reviewers award.
My little blog has grown so much in the last 2 years, I’m so proud of it! Not only that this year has taught me so much so are you ready to see what I’ve learned this year? Grab a cuppa and let’s go!
1. Hard work really does pay off – this is something people say all of the time and yet people don’t believe it until it happens to them. I’ve worked so hard at my blog over the last 2 years and it has grown so much, but not only with my blog has my head work paid off but in my weight loss. Now over the Christmas period I haven’t eaten as well as I should have and do you know what that is okay! I haven’t binged I’ve had my fruit and veggies, I’ve been balanced and not deprived myself.
2. Anything worth having won’t come easy – Oh if only life was easy right? When you really want something it takes a lot of patience and perseverance, if you want something you have to be prepared for a long old journey!
3. You can’t control everything – Now this statement is something that I’ve struggled with but it is true, it is difficult to learn but there is so much going on in the world it isn’t physically possible to control every aspect of life!
4. Problem skin hits at any age – Oh how this statement is true, I still get spots, my skin dries, if only my skin was as clear and wonderful as it is in the magazines.
5. Stop comparing yourself – Comparisons are the worst and they really get you down and let’s be honest comparing yourself is only selling yourself short! You’re incredible in so many ways!
6. You can achieve anything if you put your mind to it – In life the only limit is yourself, you’re so fabulous and as long as you have the drive and determination to achieve it you’ve got this!
7. My blogging family are so supportive – Over this last year I have received a lot of hate for talking about mental health for my size, for my weight, everything but do you know what people who send me abuse aren’t going to stop me from being me!
8. Love yourself – This is something I struggle with everyday, but you’re a beautiful person, learn to love your imperfections, love every beautiful lump and bump because you’re perfect.
9. Making time for yourself is important – Oh I’m the worst for making time for myself especially when it comes to working on my blog, I work on it in all my spare time, but never forget that pampering yourself, making time for family is still just as important!
10. Never stop dreaming – Walt Disney has always said if you can dream it you can do it, I have so many dreams that I want to achieve in my life and I’m gonna do it! I know I will.
What have you learned this year? Leave your response in the comments!
Like what you’ve read? How about we become social media friends?