Carrot And Sweet Potato Soup With Courgette Spaghetti*

Roasted Carrot And Sweet Potato Soup With Courgette Spaghetti

It’s that time of year when soup becomes a delicious staple, and sometimes we need to spice up a regular soup recipe to give it a brand new twist, and this is one of my absolute favourites! This one is inspired by wanting to have noodles in a soup, but sometimes I honestly struggle with digesting noodles so having vegetable noodles is so much easier and guess what? It gives you another of your 5 a day, it’s a win win situation! So are you ready to find out how to make this super easy and super delicious recipe?

Ingredients

• 4 large carrots
  • 2 large sweet potatoes
  • 2 large courgettes
  • 300ml vegetable broth/stock cube
  • 1 pouch of reduced fat coconut milk
  • salt and pepper to taste

Method

1. Chop up and cook down your carrots and sweet potatoes until they’re soft, this taste around 10 – 15 minutes usually depending on the heat that you have it on. I had it on a medium heat.
  2. Next use pour in your vegetable broth or if you want you can use a stock cube instead depending on what you have and what is easiest for you. Leave this to cook down for about 5 minutes. Make sure you season as you go along, and don’t forget to taste!
  3. Now is the time to blend your ingredients up to make it smooth! What I found was the best way to get to super delicious and creamy was to add in the coconut milk as it was blending, it gave it the best consistency.
  4. Now your soup is ready we have got to sort out the courgette spaghetti, I received the most amazing Kenwood Spiraliser and honestly it makes spiralising so much easier and it creates perfect spaghetti everytime with vegetables. It took me around 2 minutes to just do 2 large courgettes!
  5. Now you’ve spiralised them you want to steam them for around 2 minutes to get them cooked and crunchy!
  6. Once cooked use your courgettes to garnish!

Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup with Courgette Spaghetti

Bon Appétit!

Fancy buying your own amazing food and drink preparation tools? Check out some of the most amazing products here at Debenhams!

Tried this recipe? Let me know how you get on and leave your response in the comments!

*Disclaimer – this was a sponsored post!

08/10/2016 / 5:49 pm

It really is my darling and it tastes absolutely delicious! <3

1. 08/10/2016 / 12:20 pm

This looks yummy. I shall be giving this a go and letting you know how I get on

08/10/2016 / 5:49 pm

Please do, it doesn’t skimp on flavour let me tell you! <3

08/10/2016 / 5:51 pm

Please let me know how you get on with it babe, it is such a delicious recipe! <3

2. 08/10/2016 / 9:06 pm

OMG I’m so making this, this week! I’ve got carrots and sweet potatoes I need to use and this is just the perfect, most simply and delicious and healthy recipe!!

Thanks so much!!

Josie // JosieVictoriaa

08/10/2016 / 9:08 pm

Please let me know how you get on with it sweetheart, I’d love to hear all about it! <3

12/10/2016 / 6:15 pm

Thank you so much darling, please let me know how they get on with it! <3

12/10/2016 / 6:20 pm

Please let me know how you get on with it darling! <3

3. 13/10/2016 / 11:10 am

I love love love soup at this time of year – it is so easy to make and keeps me all warm and fuzzy 🙂 Your soup looks delicious – will 100% be trying it out 🙂 great post 🙂 xo

23/10/2016 / 4:13 pm

Me too! It is so refreshing and tastes absolutely fabulous! <3

4. 15/10/2016 / 8:53 am

This looks so yummy and super easy! I haven’t made homemade soup in ages so definitely going to give this a whirl soon 🙂 xx
    Saharasplash

23/10/2016 / 4:23 pm

Please do give it a go darling, would love to know what you thought of it! <3

5. Anthea Cockett
    20/03/2017 / 12:56 pm

Hi Amie, remember me, Anthea, I’m a friend of Andrea’s. She told me about your blog when we last met and I fancied your soup recipe as we are “soup addicts” too. I have now made your recipe twice and it is delicious – I’m just surprised that no-one who said they thought it sounded good, has come back and commented on it. The only change I made was to the amount of stock – I needed to use a litre as it was really thick when whizzed. I’m not sure if it is because we have bigger vegetables in the south of France than you have in the UK, but I would have been able to stand a spoon upright in mine with just 300ml. I had no idea how much “1 pouch” of coconut milk was, so I used 1/3rd of a 400ml tin – maybe I should have used the whole tin instead of more stock, but I thought it would ruin the lovely taste of the veggies. Anyway, thanks for a lovely recipe, I’ll definitely come back to it again next winter. Lots of love, Anthea