It’s that time of year when soup becomes a delicious staple, and sometimes we need to spice up a regular soup recipe to give it a brand new twist, and this is one of my absolute favourites! This one is inspired by wanting to have noodles in a soup, but sometimes I honestly struggle with digesting noodles so having vegetable noodles is so much easier and guess what? It gives you another of your 5 a day, it’s a win win situation! So are you ready to find out how to make this super easy and super delicious recipe?
- 4 large carrots
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 large courgettes
- 300ml vegetable broth/stock cube
- 1 pouch of reduced fat coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop up and cook down your carrots and sweet potatoes until they’re soft, this taste around 10 – 15 minutes usually depending on the heat that you have it on. I had it on a medium heat.
- Next use pour in your vegetable broth or if you want you can use a stock cube instead depending on what you have and what is easiest for you. Leave this to cook down for about 5 minutes. Make sure you season as you go along, and don’t forget to taste!
- Now is the time to blend your ingredients up to make it smooth! What I found was the best way to get to super delicious and creamy was to add in the coconut milk as it was blending, it gave it the best consistency.
- Now your soup is ready we have got to sort out the courgette spaghetti, I received the most amazing Kenwood Spiraliser and honestly it makes spiralising so much easier and it creates perfect spaghetti everytime with vegetables. It took me around 2 minutes to just do 2 large courgettes!
- Now you’ve spiralised them you want to steam them for around 2 minutes to get them cooked and crunchy!
- Once cooked use your courgettes to garnish!
Fancy buying your own amazing food and drink preparation tools? Check out some of the most amazing products here at Debenhams!
Tried this recipe? Let me know how you get on and leave your response in the comments!
Like what you’ve read? How about we become social media friends?
*Disclaimer – this was a sponsored post!