10 Things To Do When You Have Nothing To Do

10-things-to-do-when-you-have-nothing-to-do

Now I know that sometimes it is so good that people have nothing to do, it is good to just take time to recharge, however I think that sometimes if you don’t have something to do, maybe there is something that you could be doing to keep your mind going. I know for a fact that I love to always be doing something especially if it means I’m achieving something. I’m a bit of a workaholic sometimes, especially when it comes to my blog, I give it 110% so when I have nothing to do I totally find things to do. Here are my favourite things that you can do when you have nothing to do.

1. Colouring in

Now this might sound absolutely silly but I adore it, I find it so relaxing, it gets my mind in a different head space which sometimes is exactly what I need. It doesn’t put to my pressure on you, you can get creative & have some serious fun and feel like you’ve gone back in time a few years!

2. Read a book

When you find the right book, honestly you can get so into it. I can read a book in a day when I get into one, and sometimes when you have nothing to do that day you can just chill out with an amazing book. Now autumn is here you can snuggle up in a blanket with a book and a cup of tea and enjoy it.

3. Bake

Nothing feels better than baking, especially when you get the chance to eat it all after you have made it. You can put all the chocolate, all the vanilla, anything you love you can put in a cake. Cake makes everything better right?

4. Go for a walk & take photos

I love going for a walk, especially if it means racking up more steps on my Fitbit. Sometimes though taking my gorgeous camera out and taking photos of the most beautiful areas of where I live.

5. Workout

Now we all know what a workout fanatic I am and I love what working out gives me, it makes me feel like I could honestly take on the world, which I can because I’m strong as hell. Those endorphins honestly just keep me going. I’m a bit of a fitness freak what can I say.

6. Clean your make up tools

Let’s be honest we all need to clean our make up tools, whether it is our brushes to our beauty blender, we need to make sure that we clean them regularly. I literally hate doing it, it is one of the worst things in the world, but do you know what it is so worth it because my make up ends up going on better than ever afterwards. Love your make up being the way you want it to be, love your brushes by washing them.

7. Meet up with friends

Catching up with friends is the most fab things, I love being able to catch up, have a gossip, eat good food and laugh together. Life moves so quickly that sometimes it makes it so difficult to meet up with friends on a regular basis.

8. Go through old photos & make a scrapbook

I love looking through old photos, even from when I was a kid, seeing photos of my Nan & Grandad always make me so happy not only that being able to share those photos with my husband makes it even better.

9. Make smoothie ice lollies

They are so healthy and taste incredible, you don’t need a lot, you can make up a massive batch of smoothie mix, add in your favourite fruits and veggies with some juice and freeze! Hey presto you have a new favourite set of ice lollies!

10. Watch a new series

I love watching Netflix, there are so many incredible series on there and not only that there is literally something for everyone on there. I actually went through my recommendations for the best series on Netflix & what I have genuinely adored! For that post click here.

1. 06/10/2016 / 7:57 pm

Loved this! I love reading and baking! x

08/10/2016 / 5:42 pm

Me too! Reading and baking is so much fun and not only that it can take your mind off so many things too! <3

2. 07/10/2016 / 8:01 pm

Colouring in is one of my favourite things to do! Especially in good old children’s books haha! Baking is another favourite of mine! Scrapbooking is so much fun! Thank you for sharing this list! 🙂 x

08/10/2016 / 5:46 pm

I love colouring in, I find it so relaxing, it is one of the best feelings ever! I used to scrapbook so much but then I stopped, I think I really need to get into it again! <3

08/10/2016 / 5:48 pm

Thank you so much darling it means a lot! <3

08/10/2016 / 5:52 pm

I’m totally with you being a spoonie, so having some tips can really help make the bad days better! <3

3. 14/10/2016 / 10:10 am

I bought a colouring book a while ago and honestly, I’ve not touched it much! But now that I’m spending more time at home I think I might just have to dig it out again, it’s super therapeutic isn’t it?! I’m finding more time for reading now too! I’ve just started reading a new book by Marian Keyes called “Making it up as I go along,” it’s a bit different to what I normally go for but I totally love the style! I’m trying to go for more walks at the moment, especially with being pregnant! It’s so good for your body and admiring the place that you live is so lovely to do <3 Don't even get me started on NETFLIX, haha, I'm addicted! Great post my lovely xx

23/10/2016 / 4:15 pm

You totally should! It is so relaxing and it gets those creative juices flowing. I find it has helped me in so many ways with my bog! Oooh I haven’t read that one! I have just finished a new book that I bought yesterday haha! <3

4. 14/10/2016 / 11:36 am

These are great ideas. I think a lot of the time when I have “nothing to do” I default to wasting endless hours scrolling through the Internet when I could be doing something a bit more productive offline. I love baking, but I almost never do it unless there’s a special occasion. I’d love to just bake something big and elaborate just for fun.

Aisling | anthologie.

23/10/2016 / 4:20 pm

I am totally the same, I think where the internet can be so interesting when we don’t have we feel like we are lost without it! <3

5. 17/10/2016 / 6:02 am

Hey Amie! I bought my first colouring book a few weeks ago, at first I thought colouring was ridiculous and a waste of time but I eventually really enjoy it! Have a great day ????

23/10/2016 / 4:36 pm

It’s fantastic, it is so relaxing and it just takes your mind somewhere else! <3

6. 18/10/2016 / 5:42 pm

I got the Harry Potter colouring book and I must say that I love colouring it in! It’s so relaxing. I also love reading and baking when there’s nothing else to do. Another thing I like to do is listen to podcasts! They’re so entertaining and interesting. Thanks for sharing your list!
    Laila xo
    fleurdelailis.wordpress.com

23/10/2016 / 4:49 pm

I seriously need the Harry Potter colouring book, I have been wanting one for ages but still haven’t got one 🙁 I love Dorkface’s podcasts, they’re some of my faves! <3

7. 03/11/2016 / 5:38 pm

I’m the same when it comes to reading books – if I get really into it I could finish it in a day, sometimes in a couple of hours!

8. 08/03/2017 / 11:01 pm

All except number 8 as I don’t wear make up much! Heh. I love reading and baking and walks around my town. Once I start a book I either stay up all night and read it in one sitting or I can’t get into it properly and it takes months to finish (I’m looking at you ‘Doctor Sleep’ – Stephen King sequel to ‘The Shining’).