As I’ve spoken about on a regular basis, I love food (you’ve probably got Anton Ego from Ratatouille in your head right now) I don’t just like it, I freaking adore the stuff, I cannot get enough food in my life. So I like to make sure that there are a variety of recipes just to mix it up because no one wants to get bored with the food that they are eating, that is just wrong on so many levels. Sweet potatoes are one of my favourite things in the world, especially if they come in the form of sweet potato noodles or sweet potato fries. This one is ridiculously healthy, can be cooked in about 15 minutes and is full of flavour!
- 4 sweet potatoes (that we can make into noodles in a minute)
- 1/2 bag of vegan quorn pieces (can sub for beans if you fancy)
- 4 table spoons of sweet chilli sauce
- sugar snap peas
- red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- Herbamare Original Salt
- We are going to start off by making the sweet potato noodles! You’re going to need to peel the sweet potatoes completely before we start making them into noodles. Once peeled you can then use a spiraliser if you have one, don’t panic if you don’t we can still make noodles without it. If you don’t have a spiraliser chop up the potatoes into smaller pieces and then use your potato peeler to make it into ribbons and voila! If you are using a spiraliser then don’t forget to use pressure, don’t be afraid of that machine, you’ve got this.
- Put the noodles to one side for now, in a pan start cooking off the vegan quorn pieces until cooked through, add a little paprika, Harbamare Salt & some cracked black pepper to the mix and leave to cook off.
- Add in all of the vegetables besides your noodles, and make sure you add in your sweet chilli sauce at this point. Keep stirring to make sure that your food doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. Leave to cook for about 2 minutes.
- Now is the time to add in your delicious noodles that you’ve lovingly created. Add them all in and make sure you get them all in mixed in with the other ingredients. I leave mine to cook for about 5 minutes until they are tender and fully cooked.
Voila, a delicious meal for you to enjoy! Like this recipe or wanting to try it? Let me know how you get on with it! Let me know your thoughts in the comments!
Like what you’ve read? How about we become social media friends?
*Disclaimer – this was a sponsored post!