Now as most of you know at the beginning of the year I made my 2016 goals for the year, including what I wanted for my blog and my life this year. Now I know we are over half way through the year, but I honestly kept forgetting to write the post because I have literally been so busy and kind of scared that I wouldn’t do what I wanted for this year. So I’ve decided to suck it up, get on with it and just go with it and see what I have achieved! Deep breaths Amie, you’ve got this.
So this year I think I set myself quite a high target, or at least I think I did in my eyes baring in mind this is only my first full year of blogging. (I’ve been blogging since February last year) if you missed that post you can click here to see it!
1. I wanted to be able to reach 3000 followers on Twitter. I think I might have underestimated how quickly you can meet new people and your Twitter stats can increase because I managed to reach 5000 followers on Twitter this month. I am unsure on how or if people actually realise the fact that I moan quite a bit and get ridiculously grumpy sometimes.
2. I thought that Instagram was going to be the most difficult for me to increase and guess what, I was bloody right. It is so difficult sometimes, especially when it comes to permanent followers, I feel like people do the follow/unfollow method more on Instagram than they do on Twitter. However, my goal was to reach 1200 followers and I’m at 1850! It has definitely been quite a battle to get here, but it is so worth it because I’m really enjoying my Instagram again.
3. Facebook is just as difficult as Instagram in some ways, but I always end up forgetting about Facebook (sorry Facebook) but I still love it. I wanted to get 1000 likes on my Facebook page and I managed 1040! I do get quite a lot of traffic from my Facebook page but it takes a bit of work to get engagement from.
4. Now this one is quite hard (reaching 50,000 page views of all time) for me because when I first started my blog I didn’t have Google Analytics working properly however, I checked it on the 15th August and I’m honestly shocked, I have managed to reach 60,063 page views this year! I legit just cried my eyes out.
5. Bloglovin can be so tough to gain on, I mean I am seriously struggling with it and I’ve been blogging for over a year and a half now. I wanted to reach 500 followers on there, because I knew it was something I struggled with openly so I didn’t want to push it too much, however I have absolutely smashed it! I managed to get 815 fantastic people to follow my blog on BlogLovin and I don’t think I’ve ever been happier!
6. I have definitely become more consistent with my posts, I’ve been trying to post every other day, and only increasing it when I post my advertisers posts for the month, I think I am definitely getting there!
7. Becoming more open with my posts is something that I have genuinely struggled with because I tend to be quite a closed book, but I’m definitely working hard to open up to the amazing people who read my blog!
1. Becoming a more positive person can be really difficult for me especially when I have a bad mental health day, however, recently I’ve been doing really really well with it, I feel like my emotions are definitely in check, I’m taking a positive out of everyday and I’m getting there!
2. The next goal is something I am definitely so proud of! I am officially off all my medication, I am no longer on any anti depressants. I’m in anti histamines because of my eczema but apart from that I am no longer on anything for my anxiety and depression. It has been a long road but I’m getting there and I’m so proud of me!
3. I’m still continuing with my weight loss, I’m still losing weight, working out regularly and eating healthy, I’m feeling incredibly positive out my outlook!
Overall I have achieved so much already this year, I’m not being big headed or anything, I’ve achieved everything that I wanted to d this year already, I’m so excited to see what the rest of the year holds for me!
How are you getting on with your 2016 goals? Leave your response in the comments!
Like what you’ve read? How about we become social media friends?