Oh it’s that time of year again, which means it is wedding season! People are trying to look for outfits that are suitable for the UK’s changeable weather, but also make sure that it’s comfortable! I have t admit though finding an outfit for a wedding is literally like trying to find a unicorn, it literally feels like you’re never going to find anything. However I am hear to set your mind at rest, because guess what, I’ve found that unicorn, and oh my gosh it is beautiful.
So what is the best bit about this dress? It is incredibly versatile which is exactly what you need for a wedding outfit! So how to style a wedding outfit?
I have teamed this outfit with with a special necklace (one that I have never taken off that I got from Paul a long while ago) pink pumps and this dress. I think that sometimes you need to allow the dress to do all of the talking. It is such a statement that it’s just perfect.
The other wonderful thing about this dress is it has an elasticated waist which is perfect for me as I have quite a tiny waist in comparison to the rest of my body. The advantage is, if you eat a little too much then the dress will move with you.
Another fabulous thing about this dress is it has a waterfall effect, so it is longer at the sides than at the front which is perfect for weddings. I’m 5ft 4 1/2 so I literally feel like I’m floating in this dress!
What are my top tips for styling up a wedding outfit?
- Get an amazing set of shoes, ones that you’re going to be comfortable in. This is so important because you’re going to be in this outfit probably all day so make sure you’re going to be comfy or at least take an extra pair that goes well with your dress just in case.
- Avoid white, don’t go and be that person who wears white to someone’s wedding, that’s just not right.
- Have an amazing nude handbag, that way you can have a bag that you can use again. You don’t want to buy a bag that you can use only once that just doesn’t make much sense does it?
- Get accessories that show off your personality! This might sound strange, however yes it is a wedding but this is your outfit, put yourself out there a bit, if you fancy wearing your deathly hallows necklace, DO IT! It adds a bit of you to an incredible outfit!
- If in doubt, don’t worry about being too formal, better to be too formal than really casual for a wedding! Remember this is someones very special day you want to look amazing and support the people you love.
- A cover up is your saving grace. I know that is easier said than done in the summer, however in the evening if you’ve been in the sunshine all day you’re going to end up getting seriously cold! There are so many amazing ones to choose from, it doesn’t have to be a cardigan, it can be a shawl, a kimono, even a blazer if you fancy it!
Like what you’ve read? How about we become social media friends?
*Disclaimer: this post was in collaboration with JD Williams!