A Letter To 16 Year Old Me

A Letter To 15 Year Old ME

Teen years are the most difficult years of your life, I mean honestly looking back, they were when I made some incredible memories but it is definitely a time when there were raging hormones, secrets, romance, you name it, it was all happening.

Dear younger me,

Honestly there are going to be moments when you’ve just had enough, you feel like you can’t physically give any more but I promise you it gets better. There will be moments when people try to bring you down, to try and upset you, hurt you, even take advantage of the nice person that you genuinely are, but they aren’t worth the time of day. Those are the kinds of people that you don’t need in your life, they are the kind of toxic people you don’t need, you are a strong, independent and wonderful person who deserves the world.

When it comes to love, yes you will get your heart broken, unfortunately it is a painful lesson that at some point we all have to learn, but it will make you a stronger person. Heart break is one of the worst feelings in the world, you feel like your heart is being ripped at your chest, however it gets better! You will meet someone in your life that will honestly steal your heart and you will experience a love that doesn’t even compare to any other love you have ever had.

Sometimes when you’re a teen you don’t appreciate your family, especially when you have your mum and dad who genuinely adore you. You take it for granted, because I know I did, but that doesn’t mean you don’t love them any less. Make time for your family, spend time with them, make memories, because these are the times that will mean the most to you.

Appreciate all of the incredible friends that you have, you have so many amazing people around you, and you will never understand how much you will need them in your life. They will support you through your most difficult times, dry your tears, and appreciate you for the fabulous person you are.

You might have been through hell over the last few years, so much has happened, but remember that you will get through this. It isn’t easy, it will be hell sometimes, but never forget you have so many people around you who will love you with all their heart.

Don’t look back at the past, the past is done, over with, you can’t change it even if you might want to, but it’s time to make the most of your future. You have so much to look forward to in your life, and never forget that just because you have had a difficult past it doesn’t mean that you can’t create a beautiful future.

Love an older, married and happy Amie.

What would you say to a younger you? Leave your response in the comments!

1. 09/06/2016 / 10:04 am

Aww I love this! I’ve often thought about what I might say to a younger me. So many things to be honest. Eat better. Spend less. Don’t give a f*ck about what others think of you. Stand up for what you want – don’t let your family push you around. The list goes on, to be honest! x

09/06/2016 / 5:14 pm

I think there are so many things that we would want to say to our younger selves because we have honestly learned so much from growing up. But I hope that I can share this with the people that I love!💜

2. Katerina
    30/06/2016 / 4:12 am

I wish I could give a piece of advice on my younger self just to protect me. On the other hand some experiences I had throughout those choices I made had me the person I am today. I don’t know whether this is good or not but certainly I have learned from my mistakes. This is a great post, I just loved it. You totally made me recall some intense situations I had.

cosmetologylover.blogspot.com

01/07/2016 / 4:16 pm

I totally agree with you, I’m a firm believer in the fact that everything happens for a reason, we all make mistakes but we learn from them! Thank you so much darling it means a lot!💜

3. 11/07/2016 / 12:45 am

I love this. I believe this should be printed out and given to every young person at school right now. It’s so important to realise how difficult life can be and how quick we are to judge ourselves, others and the outcomes from our actions. But we forget to live in the moment. To appreciate what we have and realise things get better. They may take time. They make take effort. And change. But they get better. We learn. We grow. We adapt. And we get better. And it’s something we don’t realise when we are younger. That we need to squeeze every ounce out of life. The good and the bad. And really immerse ourselves in the full experience. Thank you for writing this. Thank you for not being afraid to be honest with yourself and everyone else. This, can really help a lot of people. xx

11/07/2016 / 2:37 pm

I totally agree sweetie, I think it is important to enjoy the time that you have, make the most of the memories that you have because it is the best feeling in the world. Learning, growing and adapting are all important parts of life, we learn to become the people that we are but also we gain so much from life. Thank you so much for your comments my darling, it honestly means the world to me, I think it is important to be honest and open about as many aspects of life.💜

4. 18/07/2016 / 2:27 pm

I love this I feel like because I’m a teenager this letter was written to me ahah! I loved it!

18/07/2016 / 5:24 pm

Thank you angel! I hope that it was helpful and supportive in some way!💜

5. 08/09/2016 / 4:11 pm

This is fab! I think the main thing I’d tell my younger self is to just enjoy life as it comes. When I look back now (even to being your age!) I remember always working towards or waiting impatiently for the future, and forgetting to enjoy what was happening at the time!

10/09/2016 / 6:57 pm

I think that is so important Claire! I am so guilty of this, I am always so impatient and wanting things to happen but I need to enjoy life as it is and take every day as it comes! <3