How To Get Back On The Healthy Track

How To Get Back On The Healthy Track

Healthy living is a huge part of my life, but I think it is important to remember that we need balance in our lives to maintain that healthy lifestyle, I always get asked, how do I stay on track, especially with all the weight I have lost? In honesty, we all have a few too many indulgences sometimes, sometimes we have a little too much ice cream, or maybe we have a huge bar of chocolate because it is a ladies time of the month, but do you know what it is okay!

People tend to say oh but what if I eat a little too much, and I usually turn round an say, did it taste good? Did you enjoy it? The reason for this is because you should never feel bad about having food, food is amazing, it is what keeps you alive, your body needs it. So what if you have some chocolate, you have a cookie, or a bit of cake, it is amazing, and to be able to lead a healthy lifestyle you need to balance out your diet.

So what if you do have a few too many indulgences, what are my top tips for getting back on track?

1. Make sure that you’re drinking enough water! This is so important for a healthy lifestyle because you need to make sure that your body is hydrated!
  2. Workouts are important when it comes to healthy living, so even if it is just a 10 minute run around the block with some yoga afterwards, that is amazing, that is something that you can build upon as you go along!
  3. Increase your fruit and veg intake, this can be a really easy thing for you to do, because you can do add this into any time for example taking carrots and hummus to work, or a bag of fruit to snack on during the day!
  4. Make sure you’re eating enough during the day. This is so important when you’re trying to live healthy because if you’re not eating enough then you’re more likely to binge on unhealthy foods. I’ve learned this from experience because if I didn’t enough I would end up eating more of the things like chocolate, crisps and all the things I probably shouldn’t be.
  5. Move forward, don’t feel guilty for eating a few too many indulgences, if you feel guilty then you’re looking at food the wrong way, we are all allowed to have some cake, chocolate, ice cream, or anything that is your favourite, enjoy it, savour it!
  6. Meal plan, this can really help because you will be able to make sure that you’re eating the right things. My bullet journal really helps me with this because it helps me to plan what I want for the week in terms of lunch and snacks mainly, if I can make it on the Sunday, I will bulk cook things to make sure I stay on point and get the right nutrition.
  7. Set yourself goals for the week, what is your aim in terms of your workouts, are you aiming for 4 days of the week, with a few weights and some cardio? By setting your self goals you have something to aim for!
  8. Stay accountable for when you slip up, remember it is okay, you are only human!

You can do this, I believe in you!

I will be at the World Power Show in July! Fancy going? Find out more info here.

1. 16/05/2016 / 7:22 am

Fab post, really helpful! I take fruit and veg to snack on at work, it really stops any chocolate cravings! X

16/05/2016 / 2:07 pm

Thank you so much sweetheart it means a lot! I totally agree it really helps me with staying on track!💜

17/05/2016 / 9:41 am

I’m so glad that you liked this post sweetheart! If there is anything I can do to help please do let me know!💜

2. 16/05/2016 / 8:40 pm

This is so relevant right now! I got into a real unhealthy rut, but I’ve been doing really well over the last fortnight, so let’s keep it up! Meal planning has been SO helpful. Thanks for leaving your link during #TheGirlGang! Would love it if you could check out my blog too 🙂 x

Martha Jane | http://www.marthajanemusic.com

17/05/2016 / 9:44 am

We all do at some point darling, honestly, it is so difficult, however you can totally get through it, you just need to work hard and remind yourself why you’re doing it. We all get into a difficult rut sometimes, but it doesn’t last forever, you will get through it! If I can help please do let me know!💜

3. 25/05/2016 / 6:11 pm

This is so helpful, thank you. If I may ask, have you ever felt unmotivated during your time of the month (mainly from BAD cramps and feel all round nasty)? Is so, how did you over come it?

25/05/2016 / 7:09 pm

Hi darling, I usually do some light yoga and stretching, and some cardio depending on the pain. I get a lot of pain which usually leaves me bedridden but workouts really do tend to help me, just take it slowly. If it is really bad, take time out. Listening to your body is so important!💜

4. 05/06/2016 / 9:20 am

Love this post girl! I couldn’t agree more.
    I recently switched to a plant based diet & a first i ate so healthily.. then i found vegan chocolate & digestives so i let it slip a little. This is usually when I’m tired & need to drink more water. It’s so easy to slip into ‘bad’ habits. I’m quite the snacker. I do find meal prepping does help & i definitely agree that eating more especially earlier on in the day stops late night unhealthy snacking 😀

My vegan brownie recipe for when you are feeling like a little treat: http://psychologyfoodandfitness.blogspot.com/2016/06/recipe-melt-in-your-mouth-vegan-gluten.html

05/06/2016 / 12:46 pm

Thank you so much darling! I totally agree, but it’s about balance too, you should never deprive yourself of anything in life. I’ll definitely check it out!💜💜

5. 20/07/2016 / 11:53 am

All hail to No. 5 🙈 I’ve been doing really well lately, cooking fresh and healthy things and drinking water but the workout is what I need to work on and the most difficult part! I’ll also be starting a meal plan soon makes life just a litte bit easier 🙂

❤️

20/07/2016 / 4:33 pm

That is amazing, well done my lovely you’re doing a fantastic job! Take it slowly, one day at a time, one meal, little reminders! Honestly you’ve got this!💜

6. 12/08/2016 / 10:05 pm

These are such awesome tips! I need to set myself more realistic goals for exercise, sometimes it’s demotivating when I set my goals too high,

Sophie – eselle x

7. 28/08/2016 / 10:10 pm

Great tips! I always try to go to the gym a couple of times a week and I walk most places too! I definitely need to improve my water intake though, thanks for the motivation!

Toni x

06/09/2016 / 2:29 pm

Water intake is so important my love, don’t forget it, especially if you’re working out a lot too! <3

8. 10/10/2016 / 11:18 pm

This is a super helpful post and worded so wonderfully xx

12/10/2016 / 6:23 pm

Thank you so much Lauryn it honestly means the world! <3

9. 17/10/2016 / 5:38 am

I definitely try to eat healthy and meal plan! It’s super important and super fun to look up new recipes on Pinterest too. I always just say to put away the scale and enjoy life.

23/10/2016 / 4:31 pm

Pinterest is a fabulous place to look for recipes, it honestly gives me so many ideas for dinner to mix it up! <3