Healthy living is a huge part of my life, but I think it is important to remember that we need balance in our lives to maintain that healthy lifestyle, I always get asked, how do I stay on track, especially with all the weight I have lost? In honesty, we all have a few too many indulgences sometimes, sometimes we have a little too much ice cream, or maybe we have a huge bar of chocolate because it is a ladies time of the month, but do you know what it is okay!
People tend to say oh but what if I eat a little too much, and I usually turn round an say, did it taste good? Did you enjoy it? The reason for this is because you should never feel bad about having food, food is amazing, it is what keeps you alive, your body needs it. So what if you have some chocolate, you have a cookie, or a bit of cake, it is amazing, and to be able to lead a healthy lifestyle you need to balance out your diet.
So what if you do have a few too many indulgences, what are my top tips for getting back on track?
- Make sure that you’re drinking enough water! This is so important for a healthy lifestyle because you need to make sure that your body is hydrated!
- Workouts are important when it comes to healthy living, so even if it is just a 10 minute run around the block with some yoga afterwards, that is amazing, that is something that you can build upon as you go along!
- Increase your fruit and veg intake, this can be a really easy thing for you to do, because you can do add this into any time for example taking carrots and hummus to work, or a bag of fruit to snack on during the day!
- Make sure you’re eating enough during the day. This is so important when you’re trying to live healthy because if you’re not eating enough then you’re more likely to binge on unhealthy foods. I’ve learned this from experience because if I didn’t enough I would end up eating more of the things like chocolate, crisps and all the things I probably shouldn’t be.
- Move forward, don’t feel guilty for eating a few too many indulgences, if you feel guilty then you’re looking at food the wrong way, we are all allowed to have some cake, chocolate, ice cream, or anything that is your favourite, enjoy it, savour it!
- Meal plan, this can really help because you will be able to make sure that you’re eating the right things. My bullet journal really helps me with this because it helps me to plan what I want for the week in terms of lunch and snacks mainly, if I can make it on the Sunday, I will bulk cook things to make sure I stay on point and get the right nutrition.
- Set yourself goals for the week, what is your aim in terms of your workouts, are you aiming for 4 days of the week, with a few weights and some cardio? By setting your self goals you have something to aim for!
- Stay accountable for when you slip up, remember it is okay, you are only human!
You can do this, I believe in you!
Like what you’ve read? How about we become social media friends?
I will be at the World Power Show in July! Fancy going? Find out more info here.