Things I Won’t Apologise For

Things I Won't Apologise For

The other day I happened to be in the shop, actually in the beauty aisle, and a person walked past me and I overheard them say “women should apologise for having periods, I mean honestly they could have them stopped.” I am pretty sure I bit my tongue to the point where blood was probably coming out, I was absolutely livid, I have never heard anything like that, nor would I want anyone to ever hear it at all. It is disgusting, I mean it is something that happens to every woman every month so we are able to have babies should we choose to, it is something that we can’t help unless we have a doctors intervention to have contraception that stops us from having periods. The reason for this post is because I’m going to talk about things we should never have to apologise for, and things I won’t apologise for, ever.

So where do I start?

Periods – Girls we can’t help it, we have periods, blood comes out every month unless we’re pregnant, and our partners are understanding! I know my husband is the best when it comes to my period, he will cuddle me, rub my tummy and my back when I’m in agony and makes me feel the most amazing person in the world even though I’m bloated to hell. I don’t want to stop my periods even though they are painful as hell, they’re one of things that make me feel like a woman!

Farting – Oh my gosh at some point you’re going to get gas coming out your behind, it happens, own it, yes it could be particularly smelly, we all do it, whether we know about it or not. Some people fart in their sleep so you might think you never do but in reality you probably do. Own it, own your wind!

Wearing make up – Sometimes we might feel a little more confident with a bit of mascara or foundation on, if you do, rock on! All power to you, don’t feel like you have to apologise for wanting to wear some make up! I know you’re rocking that lip colour, foundation, eye liner or blusher and you look gorgeous! Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t, whether you’re female or male!

Putting yourself first – I have talked about self care a lot on my blog, it is something that I am incredibly passionate about and personally I think people don’t realise the importance of self care. To be able to go about our daily routine we need to be able to have some down time, it’s important to do things for yourself, this can be little things like putting Netflix on getting yourself a takeaway or having some time with your loved ones.

Treating yourself – We all deserve to treat ourselves at some point, whether it is some new clothes, make up, to go and see a movie or having a takeaway! We are all allowed to treat ourselves at some point, it’s about balance in your life so don’t ever let people make you feel bad for treating yourself, you’re an incredible person who has achieved so much, be proud that you treat your body the way it should be treated.

Sleeping in – Sometimes we need some extra sleep, maybe we don’t feel very well or maybe we just feel like having a lazy day, so what? There is nothing better than having a lay in, not having to worry about an alarm to wake us up, it means you should enjoy it and chill out!

Being yourself – You should never be anything other than yourself, in everything you do in your life, and the important thing is you’re happy, and if people don’t like it, then it’s not your problem, it’s theirs. You want people around you who support you and love you for just being you, not anyone or anything else.

Struggling – If you ever struggle, you don’t have to apologise, we all do at some point, that doesn’t mean you should apologise. Struggling doesn’t make you any less of a person, and the important thing to remember is you’re never alone no matter what, so if you ever need support, I’m here but you also have the people you love and care about, your friends, family even support groups!

1. Theo
    24/04/2016 / 6:22 am

I wish I could say that I’m surprised you had that experience but in today’s world?… Nah it doesn’t really shock me that someone is that ignorant with the things going on nowadays. I am sorry you had to go through it though. But on a better note I’m so glad you wrote this post! When my depression got super bad I realized it and took time to straighten myself out but I felt really bad that during that time I couldn’t be there for my friends emotionally like I wanted to. I’ve felt sorry about it ever since. So I really need this post. You’re so amazing!

24/04/2016 / 8:34 pm

Thank you so much for your comments, it honestly means a lot! I totally agree with the depression, it has taken me so long but I take it day by day and that is the important thing. I’m so glad that you had so many wonderful people to support you, that is so important on that journey!?

2. 24/04/2016 / 9:53 am

Oh My Gosh I love everything about this post! If there’s one thing girls should never EVER EVER have to apologize for is periods. Seriously, what was wrong with that person!? Everyone needs to read this post because it’s amazing <3
    Steph x.
    marvelsteph.blogspot.co.nz

24/04/2016 / 8:35 pm

Thank you so much darling! It honestly means the world. I totally agree, it’s something that happens every month, we can’t control it, we just deal with it! You’re way too kind thank you lovely!?

3. 24/04/2016 / 1:33 pm

No, I cannot believe somebody said that! What were they thinking? I just don’t understand the line of thought behind such an idiotic statement… But this is a great post, and I’m totally behind everything you said! x

Martha Jane | http://www.marthajanemusic.com

24/04/2016 / 8:38 pm

I know, tell me about it, it’s ridiculous right? Thank you lovely it honestly means the world to me. ?

4. 24/04/2016 / 7:21 pm

I cannot believe someone would say that about periods. I don’t know how you bit your tongue, I wouldn’t have! That is disgusting and definitely something we should not be apologising for. Totally agree with you on all these points, and think this post is bloody wonderful! x http://www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

24/04/2016 / 8:39 pm

I know right? I swear I almost had blood coming because I was biting down so hard. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments, it means the world!?

5. 24/04/2016 / 8:33 pm

I can’t believe someone said that! People sometimes! Love this list though. Agree with every single one of them!

24/04/2016 / 8:43 pm

I know right? I just hope they learn from what they’ve said. Thank you so much for such an amazing comment, it means the world to me!?

6. facebook-profile-picture
    24/04/2016 / 8:37 pm

Awh thank you so much Celia, it means a lot, and thank you so much for stopping by. I’m so glad that you love my blog! I totally are, and there are so many thing that both men and women should never have to apologise for which is why I included the est because it’s important to remember that we shouldn’t have to apologise for things like that!?

7. 25/04/2016 / 12:26 pm

People who have said that are ridiculous! Their logic is just… urgh. Anyway, those are definitely some things no one should ever apologize for. Loved this post, Amie <3

25/04/2016 / 5:22 pm

Thank you so much Yana, it means a lot, I know, it is horrid that people would actually say those things!?

8. Doinghealthyright
    25/04/2016 / 4:05 pm

This is amazing. I find myself constantly apologizing for things I can’t control like these. You have definitely changed my outlook.

25/04/2016 / 5:26 pm

I’m the same! but honestly don’t worry you do what is best for you and don’t worry about what others think!?

9. 25/04/2016 / 4:20 pm

Wow, I can’t believe someone would say that. I just don’t even understand it. It’s kind of like saying “People should apologise for breathing, I mean, honestly, they could stop.” It’s a natural process – it happens, deal with it.

Unfortunately, some people are so wrapped up in their own world that they can’t even begin to empathise, or even understand, what it’s like to be someone else. They think their views and experiences with life are the same for everyone else, and are unwilling to change their opinion or see someone else’s point of view. Last year, I heard someone yak on about how she couldn’t believe how selfish people who have suicidal thoughts, or commit suicide were – she could not understand that it was possible for people to feel something different to her, or understand what it would be like to be in that frame of mind.

25/04/2016 / 5:28 pm

I know Rosie! It is horrendous right? Oh my gosh what you heard was horrid, how could someone say that? It is difficult to understand and comprehend but people do have suicidal thoughts and it isn’t selfish at all, I’ve been there and honestly it is the furthest thing from selfish, they need help and support more than anything!?

10. 25/04/2016 / 7:07 pm

Love this post! Really refreshing, honest read and I agree entirely! Xx

25/04/2016 / 7:14 pm

Thank you so much Corinna, it means a lot!?

11. 25/04/2016 / 7:11 pm

YES! This makes me feel so empowered because they are all things, us girls, feel we have to apolgise for daily. Yes all girls fart, its a bodily function GET OVER IT hahahaha loved this post!

25/04/2016 / 7:15 pm

Thank you so much Lisa it means a lot! Being a lady doesn’t mean never farting we all do!?

12. 25/04/2016 / 10:29 pm

Omg what kind of imbecile would say something so stupid, their mother, sister, aunt, every woman they know has periods. I’m glad it inspired such an awesome post though! We shouldn’t have to apologise for anything that makes us feel awesome! Great post, loved it 😀 xo

29/04/2016 / 11:03 am

Exactly my point! I think it is horrendous that someone would say that, especially when someone close to them has a period! It’s ridiculous!?

13. 03/05/2016 / 2:43 pm

Yes! We should never apologise for this sort of stuff. It’s not hard to believe that some are so ignorant, but I mean the period conversation really is shocking. Why should any female HAVE to use contraception to stop a natural process? Like I’m not against it, but it should be a choice. It makes me wonder how many females are in relationships where they feel like they’ve been pushed into using hormonal contraception because of periods. Why are men so scared of a little blood eh?

03/05/2016 / 2:57 pm

I totally agree, we should never have to apologise for such a natural thing! I think if they had a chance to understand what it is like they might have a clearer view. However, it isn’t all guys and I have the best husband who is so understand and always looks after me if I’m in a lot of pain!?

14. 12/05/2016 / 2:34 pm

This is so amazing! I love the part about struggling

14/05/2016 / 6:08 pm

It’s important to remember that struggling is okay, we all do at times, and we take it one day at a time ?

15. 19/05/2016 / 11:28 am

Another amazing post, Amie! You’re absolutely right, all of these are things we should never apologise for! It is okay to struggle, just like it is okay to feel sad or anxious – we are all human and negative emotions are simply inevitable. And I agree, we shouldn’t apologise for wearing makeup – and neither should we apologise for expressing ourselves through fashion. xx

113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

19/05/2016 / 5:21 pm

Thank you so much darling it honestly means the world! I totally agree and I think it is important to understand that struggling isn’t a sign of weakness, and neither is sadness or feeling anxious but it’s about taking time on those bad days and having support around you. I totally agree, make up is a form of expression, it’s about mixing it up, experimenting with make up and just feeling fabulous! ?

16. 01/06/2016 / 10:24 pm

This post is great! I agree with everything you’ve said. I have recently been treating myself by buying some clothes and makeup I normally wouldn’t buy. I’m also trying to not get worried over what people think of me, I want to enjoy what I’m doing without those worries and so far it’s all good! I’m trying to embrace being me.

whattabithaloves.blogspot.co.uk

02/06/2016 / 6:48 pm

Thank you so much darling! It means a lot! I totally agree, we all deserve a treat once in a while and if we want to wear make up then that is okay, we are absolutely amazing and beautiful and it is our decision what we do! Embracing the fabulous person you are is the best thing in the world!?

17. 09/07/2016 / 8:09 am

This post is everything, good for you! No one should ever had to apologise for something that happens naturally! Can’t believe that you heard someone say this, well, actually I can and that’s the sad thing. This post was awesome lovely!

Ella xx

09/07/2016 / 11:25 am

Thank you so much Ella, it means the world! It is so important that people don’t apologise for the negativity and of others. We are fabulous people and we should do what we want with our lives!?

18. 14/07/2016 / 11:40 am

I can’t believe they said that! I don’t know if I’d have been able to hold my tongue! This post is true in every way – thank you for saying this.

Jemima x
    anotherrantingreader.blogspot.co.uk

14/07/2016 / 5:35 pm

Thank you so much Jemima, it honestly means the world to me! Honestly it was really tough, however I thought do you know what you don’t deserve me to fly off the handle at you because I’m stronger than that and I don’t have to justify myself. That is exactly what I thought. Thank you so much for your comment angel!?

19. 29/07/2016 / 9:03 pm

Love this!!!!

01/08/2016 / 2:20 pm

Thank you my darling, it means a lot! <3

20. 19/10/2016 / 2:53 pm

oh my gosh this is amazing ahahah i especially love the farting point. I struggle sooooo much to fart in front of anyone i still can’t in front of my boyfriend after a year haha!

23/10/2016 / 6:07 pm

Honestly it is natural, it took me like 2 years to do it in front of my husband, now we joke about it! It’s natural! <3

21. 03/02/2017 / 10:02 pm

Yes to all of this!! Farting and periods especially!!!