The Perfect Night In With My Husband

tumblr_o5f1txNdon1ts7vmko2_1280

Spending time together is something that Paul and I do on a regular basis or at least try to, because in all honesty being able to spend time together as a couple is incredibly important. Not least because it keeps our relationship going strong, and being able to spend time with your best friend is one of the best things in the world. So on Saturday night we decided to have a game night, now usually we don’t do that because I’m fiercely competitive and it usually ends with met getting really grumpy (not intentionally but I like competition and winning) but we fancied it and gave it a go!

I have loved board games since I was a kid, mostly because I like a good laugh with the people around me, and when Paul and I play board games, it can be really hilarious to be honest, we have a good laugh and a joke, a glass of wine and some chill time!

tumblr_o5f1txNdon1ts7vmko1_1280

So this is what we got up to, I am a the biggest lover of Disney, I mean I most of the time get all of the questions right, but not only that, it is a good Disney education for Paul and since the first time that we played he has improved immensely (I’m so proud of him!) The Doctor Who board games was something my Mum got Paul for Easter, and it was such a good game! I’ll talk more about them later! But first up Disney!

tumblr_o5f1txNdon1ts7vmko3_1280

After answering many a question about Mulan, The Fox & Hound, Lady & The Tramp & The Little Mermaid it was safe to say that I won. I didn’t end up doing a victory lap because we had more important things to be getting on with, and there was another game to play but it was pretty safe to say that I won by a merry mile! *I AM THE CHAMPION, MY FRIEND* Next up, Doctor Who.

Before this we had consumed a bit of wine, a glass of whiskey (for Paul) crisps and some chocolate for me, was safe to say we had had the best goodies ever! We had never played The Doctor Who board game, so it was safe to say that all could go wrong and it most probably would in all honesty it probably would because let’s be honest alcohol and board games? Probably not the best mixture in the entire world.

tumblr_o5f1x06gd01ts7vmko1_1280

This was honestly such good fun, if you’re only up to date with the new ones (and not like the hubby who knows practically all of them because it’s one of his favourites) then that is okay because there are lots of up to date questions, and the reader has a choice of 5 that are on the card, so it all depends if they’re feeling naughty or nice. (P.S No Santa is not coming to town yet!) You get DVD questions with this too which makes more interesting and you have a choice of observational, casual or expert, and some of them were really good questions and got you thinking!

By the time that we had finished this game, I’d gone back about 10 steps all together and I had got so damn tired that all I wanted to do was to sleep! So we left Trivial Pursuit the regular edition for some other time because we had gamed ourselves out and just wanted to chill out and slowly fall asleep haha!

Honestly though spending time with my gorgeous husband is one of the best things in the world, he is my best friend and favourite person, I’m so lucky to be able to have the most amazing amount of fun with my love.

What are some of your favourite things to do with your loved ones? Let me know in the comments!

loveamiex

1. 13/04/2016 / 9:35 am

Aww this is so cool! My other half and I sometimes dust off monopoly or cluedo for a bit of a game night but we usually stick a game in the Xbox we both like and play it multiplayer! x http://www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

13/04/2016 / 10:01 am

We do that a lot too! We play battlefield 4 together or star wars battlefront!💜

2. 13/04/2016 / 10:12 pm

Games nights are the best! Both these games sound like something I would enjoy, I’d definitely win the other half on the Disney questions. =^-^=

Sam | Momentarily Dreaming

14/04/2016 / 10:37 am

I totally agree! Nothing better than spending time with the one you love doing things that you enjoy! Disney is everything!💜

3. 13/04/2016 / 10:52 pm

Sounds like a great night and board games are so much fun!! With my boyfriend, we tend to play on the PS4 together or play Warhammer and board games too 🙂 Tania xx taniamichele.blogspot.co.uk

14/04/2016 / 10:38 am

My sister in law loves warhammer! I have never tried it but she loves it! I have to admit just chilling out with your loved one is the best thing ever!💜

4. 15/04/2016 / 10:01 am

I truly love game nights and I´m so happy that it has become a tradition with my group of friends at home. Recently we´re very much into Monopoly which is kind of troubling because we don´t get much else done but it´s fun either way. I´m also a huge Disney fan, so that game will definitely be on my wish list!
    xx Lisa | Following Lisa

15/04/2016 / 4:12 pm

You should totally get it! I got it for Christmas, they usually put it on offer so I totally recommend getting it as soon as possible! It has so many amazing questions in there too for everyone! I love monopoly it is one of my favourite things, however I haven’t played it in so long, as well as Cluedo! It’s an amazing game!💜

5. 22/04/2016 / 1:09 pm

This is amazing, I love game nights at home although I’m also really competitive and I hate losing haha. Other things I love to do with my loved ones and my family are playing Mario Kart on the Wii (it is amazing how frustrated my brother gets when I beat him), drinking tons of tea and looking through old photos. xx

113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

24/04/2016 / 8:29 pm

I’m the same, I hate losing, but I always say I’ve got to keep his pride up haha. I love old photos, they’re the best!💜

6. 27/07/2016 / 2:06 pm

Game nights are awesome! Our favourites are ones from our childhood: Life, Yahtzee, and Monopoly.

27/07/2016 / 3:39 pm

Monopoly is absolutely brilliant, although I get seriously competitive so people hate me for that when it comes to winning!💜