10 Thoughts My Anxiety Causes Daily

10 thoughts my anxiety causes daily

I have regularly talked about my anxiety, how I have struggled with it, but also what I’ve done to allow myself to move forward with my life and hopefully get to a point where I don’t need medication any more. Even though I am slowly coming off my medication, there are still quite a few thoughts that go through my brain. I do have coping mechanisms but you can’t control what thoughts you have, and sometimes they just get the better of you, and that is okay, but know what is true and what isn’t. So what are the things that go through my brain on a regular basis! This is going to be a very personal post for me, so I hope you enjoy it!

1. Am I Good Enough?

I am the type of person that has never felt good enough for anyone, and honestly that is something I’ve always battled, and to this day. So when it comes to online, I still struggle, I think, am I doing enough? I am being a good friend? Am I working hard enough at my blog? Am I working hard enough to be part of the community? Even though I have lots of compliment about how supportive I am, I am my own worst enemy because yet again I still feel I am not good enough.

2. What If I Can’t Go Out?

Sometimes going out can just be too much for me, and I am completely honest with that because if I acknowledge when I am struggling then I can move forward. It’s usually because I feel like people are going judge me for the way I look. I am very anxious about my appearance especially because people have called me a lot of names because of the way I look. I am trying to move forward with that and focus on the positives and hopefully not let it effect me too much in the future.

3. Why Am I Being So Sensitive?

Sometimes when I go out, if my anxiety goes mad, then I become over sensitive to everything, and I mean everything! Someone could say something that is just so kind, and I could be really sensitive towards it, or maybe someone is joking around with me, then I might get quite hurt or upset. Not intentionally, but I can be very sensitive like that.

4. What If I Offend Someone?

This terrifies me, to the point where I have to usually over think everything I say and then forget what I am even replying to. If I say something and they don’t reply back, I end up thinking, did I say something in the wrong way or was I trying so hard not to offend them that I actually offended them anyway?

5. What If Something Goes Wrong?

I always think on the negative side, I say I like to be prepared personally, however, sometime it can just consume me! What if this happens, what if that happens, what if the sky falls down? It can just get way too much sometimes. Usually I fear that I will never move on with my life, or that I’m not going anywhere especially when I can see everyone moving forward with their lives.

6. Not Being Able To Control The Future.

I always end up worrying about something, but not being able to control what might happen. This I know is not only time consuming and actually stops me from living my life ultimately, which honestly isn’t the great because I could be doing something productive, but instead I’m worrying about what could happen and how I can’t control it.

7. What If My Loved Ones Are Upset With Me?

I’m always thinking that I upset my loved ones, so I try to hard and end up saying sorry constantly for the silliest things in the world, even if I have done nothing wrong. It’s can also be little things like why aren’t they replying to my messages or if they are, why are they replying with just one word, I must have upset them somehow!

8. Feeling anxious about being anxious.

I always feel anxious about being anxious, what if I end up being anxious when I go out and have a panic attack, what if when I go out, I get so anxious that I don’t ever want to go out again? What if I end up making the people around me anxious because they’re worried about me panicking and getting anxious?

9. Did I Turn My Straighteners Off? What If I Burn The House Down?

Even though I have GHD’s and they end up turning themselves off after a while I have to make sure that I turn them off and they’re unplugged because what if I do damage?

10. What If People Don’t Like Me?

This is my greatest fear, if people don’t like me, I know I shouldn’t be worried about what people think of me, but unfortunately it is my greatest downfall. I don’t need to be liked by people, I want to be liked because I want to be able to support others on their journey through life. Not only that if people don’t like me, I feel like I am doing something wrong! I know I can’t please everyone and I can’t be everyone’s cup of tea but I just like to hae people around me I can talk to and support, is that so bad?

Do you suffer with anxiety or are there certain things that make you anxious? What are some of the thought you struggle with daily? Leave your response in the comments!

loveamiex

1. Erin (MakeErinOver)
    29/03/2016 / 4:00 pm

I honestly live with constant WHAT IFs. Mine are all to do with people I know being unhappy with me, upsetting people I know. Not having many friends. I also get really paniced it situations where we need tickets, or need to be at places at certain times.. pretty much trains are hell to me, having to keep your ticket safe AND being on time to not miss it. It stresses me out so much, so much I just take my car places so I don’t need to worry over it. I am also really bad at things without timelines, or when people say “it’ll happen when it happens” NO! I wanna know when, I don’t care if its 10 years away I just want a time and date. lol.

Basically the only time my anxity is ever happy is when it wins, so when I have a fall out with my other half, or I upset someone, its all like *HA* knew it, told you so. Meh. I normally just tell it to shut the hell up lol

29/03/2016 / 5:19 pm

Anxiety is one of the most difficult things to deal with, I’m the same with tickets, especially if I think I’ve lost it, I get myself in a right mess, at one point I was panicking so much I was almost sick. I’m the same, everything needs to be planned really well, I need specific times of everything so I have time to prepare! If you ever need some support, please let me know, I’m always here for you no matter what!💜💜

30/03/2016 / 10:07 am

I totally agree, I struggle so much when one thought leads to another!💜

2. kimmie
    29/03/2016 / 11:32 pm

And this is what kept me up all night last night. Slept from 11-3….then literally nothing but this “stuff”. #7…..and #8. Definitely.

30/03/2016 / 10:07 am

If there is anything I can do to support you please let me know!💜

• kimmie
        30/03/2016 / 6:53 pm

Thank you so much. It’s just good to know that I’m the only one who goes through these thoughts.

It’s never been to that extent before but I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes on Monday morning so that just shot all my anxieties through the roof. On top of my regular stuff, that was almost too much to handle. Better now. Calmer. I have a great family including my husband and kids and we’re just going to have to make some big changes.

31/03/2016 / 4:33 pm

Oh my gosh darling I can completely understand why your anxiety might go through the roof after finding something like that out. The important thing is that you have the right people around you and you have, just take it one day at a time, you can do this!💜

• kimmie
            31/03/2016 / 5:01 pm

Absolutely!!!! 🙂

01/04/2016 / 8:18 pm

Totally agree!💜

3. 30/03/2016 / 1:20 pm

First of all thank you for sharing, it’s always kind of reassuring that there more people struggling with anxieties and you’re not alone..

I mostly suffer from acute stress anxiety, after a particular stressful event or happening I become numb and it seems I can’t function anymore. I only focus on the negative thoughts. Trouble with sleeping and concentrating. When I think I’m calming down, I relive the stressful happening again and it goes on and on. The aftermath of it all makes me very anxious to things with people or school or work, because I’m afraid I will screw things up.

I have a minor heart problem and my anxieties make it only worse, it’s very difficult to cope with it. But reading other peoples stories and experiences definitely help. Too bad where I live (Netherlands) people don’t want to talk about such things. So thank you again for writing this!

30/03/2016 / 1:47 pm

I can completely understand how difficult it must be for you to deal with it. Talking about anything to do with mental health can come with a stigma, but the important thing is you do things that make you happy, that help you, so find coping mechanisms that work well for you, that is what helps me lovely. Don’t ever feel like you’re alone, there are people who are going through the same thing as you. You are never alone!💜

• 30/03/2016 / 1:58 pm

Thank you, you made me feel better (: I think it has been the firs time I’ve openly talked about this, so I’m a bit shaky.. I’m starting to open up, so that’s why I started blogging. Reading your posts are really inspirational and I hope I can talk about my anxieties in blogposts in the future as well. And if there’s a time you want to talk about something or anyone else who reads this, I’m there for you.

30/03/2016 / 2:13 pm

Take it one step at a time, blogging is an amazing outlet, so use it and enjoy it, but mostly make sure that you’re yourself. Please know if I can do anything I’m here okay!💜

4. 31/03/2016 / 12:21 am

I am so glad I came across this post and your lovely blog. I would never of thought of myself as someone who suffers with anxiety but I can really relate to points 1,4,7and 10. If someone doesn’t reply to my messages I continuously re read them and rack my brains to think of anything I could of done to upset them.
    Also, when ever I organise an event such as a family get together or birthday for my daughter I get so stressed out thinking something is going to go wrong that I can’t enjoy it until it’s over. Hate feeling like this so it’s good to know that I am not alone in this, sometimes I feel like everyone else in the world has everything all figured out except me!

31/03/2016 / 4:36 pm

Thank you so much for your kind words. Honestly you’re never alone darling, there are so many people who go through a similar thing, but if you ever need some support, I am here for you no matter what happens. 💜

• kimmie
      31/03/2016 / 4:49 pm

Omigoodness!!! Yes!! All of that!!!

01/04/2016 / 8:18 pm

Preach!💜

5. Lucy
    31/03/2016 / 12:47 pm

I too suffer from anxiety; generalised. I had a brain tumour at 16 so it all surfaced from there! I can completely relate to all of these things. It’s great that a lot of people open up about their mental health issues. I struggle with being over sensitive so much at the moment, very defensive. Such a vicious cycle isn’t it! Thanks for sharing
    Life inside the Locket

31/03/2016 / 4:39 pm

I can completely understand that, you went through so much and it has triggered something, but you can work through it and having coping mechanisms that you can use is incredibly important. I think to be able to get rid of the stigma we need to be able to open up and talk about it more often!💜

• Lucy
        31/03/2016 / 8:13 pm

Ah I definitely agree! Over the past year, I’ve formed some coping mechanisms that have been helping..I think that raisining awareness and talking to others who understand is so helpful. Love your blog and instagram by the way 🙂

01/04/2016 / 8:20 pm

Coping mechanisms is incredibly important, and not only that if I can do something to help others, that is important to me! Awh thank you so much Lucy, it honestly means the world to me!💜

04/04/2016 / 5:45 pm

I agree Aimee, I wish my anxiety would go away sometimes, but as long as I can deal with my coping mechanisms, hopefully one day it will improve!💜

6. K.
    06/04/2016 / 3:40 pm

Hello Amie,
    Thank you for sharing this post. Not everyone can admit their feelings and be open about their fears. Expecially publicly. You are very brave! So thank you once again.
    I am very anxcious person. My biggest anxciety is a fear. I am just scared. I don’t mean of spiders or somerhing like that. I am talking about the action. I can’t make the action because I’m scared or too shy. I’m scared to do something and to move forward because so many things can go wrong. WHAT IF? is my biggest anxciety because I ask myself that question too much. This is something I struggle with every single day. Hope to find the way to
    It is difficult to admit but I wanted to do it, so I can be as brave as you were.
    X K.

07/04/2016 / 3:27 pm

Oh darling, I’m not brave, I just wanted to share what I was feeling with others and I know that a lot people go through a similar thing and it helps them to see they’re never alone. You’re the brave person here, you just admitted something that is so personal and you should be proud of what you’ve achieved. If there is anything I can do to support you please do message me!💜

7. 08/04/2016 / 10:27 am

I totally relate to you. My biggest trigger is plans changing – I go mad and refuse to go out. My friends are like but we’ve only moved the movie back an hour. But I just can’t cope, if I’ve planned in my head my whole day around it being earlier, I won’t go. Ah well, I feel better knowing we’re never in this alone.

08/04/2016 / 10:37 am

Change of plans is literally my worst nightmare, I get in such a state I’m the worst. You’re never alone sweetheart, and I’m here for you no matter what happens okay. If you need a chat or support just message me!💕

8. 21/04/2016 / 6:56 am

Oh my goodness. I honestly needed to read this post tonight. Thank you so much for opening up. It takes a lot of courage. ♡

Kate
    kateboheme.blogspot.com

22/04/2016 / 9:30 am

Thank you so much Kate, if you ever need anything my darling I’m always here for you no matter what! 💜

9. 13/05/2016 / 9:07 am

This is like reading my own brain! But it’s actually really reassuring to know I’m not the only one. One of the thoughts I often have is – ‘What if I’m just weird?’, ‘What if it’s not anxiety, I’m just not normal?’ Etc. And I also have the worrying about anxiety thing too – ‘What if it never goes away?’, ‘What if my anxiety pushes people away?’, ‘What if I die never enjoying my life because I’m too caught up in my worries?’

But I’m slowly (very slowly!) learning to control these thoughts and have good days and bad days.

Thank you for posting this though, it’s so reassuring to read. Xx

100waystohappy.com

14/05/2016 / 6:20 pm

I’m so glad that you found my post reassuring, I think sometimes people are like does this really happen, what is going on and you end up feeling so alone, but in reality you’re not! There are people who are going through the same thing and are struggling, so it is important to help people understand that what they’re feeling is natural and there is a support system around! If you need anything please do let me know💜

10. kimmie
    14/05/2016 / 1:24 am

After a really long conversation with my doctor about the effect my Type 2 Diabetes diagnosis was having on my mental health, she put me on meds. Then I had a full out panic attack in the middle of a bout of insomnia. My husband called the EMTs and everything because I nearly passed out. Add another med to “get me through”.

All I could think was, “What went wrong here? How did I end up in this state of disaster???”

That’s just been in the past week. Today was a very good day and all I can do is hope there are a lot more of these days when I feel like my “normal” self.

14/05/2016 / 6:21 pm

You’re not in a state of disaster, you’ve had a difficult time, and you’re working through it, you will get through this darling, you’re a strong independent person who has got this!💜

• kimmie
        14/05/2016 / 7:24 pm

Thanks so much for your boost! It’s hard to find people who “get” it!

11. 10/06/2016 / 9:15 pm

Wow this was very interesting to read, thank you so much for sharing this.
    I can totally relate to a couple of these especially the part about not being good enough. Its sometimes hard for me because I’m always overthinking every little detail about everything that I do. I also tend to worry a lot, just recently I had told my mom not to get an air horn for my graduation because it made me feel anxious, as to what would people think of my family? Will they think they’re obnoxious. So I made her return it but later it made me feel guilty because I let my anxiety affect something that she was excited for.

<3 Melly

11/06/2016 / 11:02 am

Thank you so much darling it honestly means the entire world. I know it is really hard, but your mum will understand my darling, she loves you and she would also understand that if it causes you anxiety then she would make sure you’re comfortable.💜

12. 05/07/2016 / 5:31 pm

I have quite severe anxiety, which has gotten worse since trying to recover for anorexia – my CPN said that this “exchange” of MH conditions is quite common, with one getting stronger as you try to improve another – joy of joys! I could literally relate to EVERY ONE of these points, but especially the people pleasing one – being scared of offending and wanting people to like you. I also have a lot of days right now where even a dog walk can feel a bit overwhelming, It is horrible but i’m thankful that i have blogging to help me! xx

Bumble & Be

06/07/2016 / 4:28 pm

I know you might be sick of hearing this, but it will get better. Sometimes life gets tough, it hands you these horrid hands that are put in your way to challenge you, but I believe in you. I know it seems quite dark right now and the anxiety honestly gets the best of you some days, but you are going to get there. Do not give up, you can do this!💜

13. 23/07/2016 / 8:38 am

FIVE. FIVE. FIVE. When I wake up some mornings I get butterflies in my chest and feel sick because I’m expecting something really bad to happen, it’s a bizarre feeling you just can’t control so I really do understand that.
    Bee | QueenBeady.com

25/07/2016 / 10:03 am

I totally understand sweetheart, it is so difficult and when it comes to helping others understand it is so hard to explain. 💜

14. Toni
    24/07/2016 / 6:37 pm

My problem is feeling never good enough and fear of failing in pretty much everything I do including b,ogling, so I’ve missed out in doing a lot of things. I don’t drive through feeling that I can’t do it. I’m a lot older than you and others on here and this problem use to be worse. I’m ok when comes to communicating with other people which I kind of put that down to working in retail. I do wonder if my fear of failure if a form perfectionism.
    Xxx

sheergloss

25/07/2016 / 10:23 am

I’m the same Toni, honestly it is horrendous and the worst feeling ever! Anxiety is so tough my lovely, but I promise you that you can do whatever you want, you can achieve anything and everything because you’re fantastic!💜

15. emily
    11/01/2017 / 11:25 am

This post is really important to me as a lot of these thoughts I have, especially the one about have I offended people, or have I upset my family members, that is something I am constantly worrying about, and often these are things I don’t really mention because I didn’t think they were part of being anxious I used to think they were just me being weird, but it is reassuring to know that I am not the only one who feels that way..
    Thank you for making my day better, for making me feel not so isolated in my feelings.