12 Things I Miss About Being A Teenager

20 Things I Miss About Being A Teenager

We all want to grow up so quickly, whether it is because we want that freedom that comes from being an adult, or maybe we want to get into the big wide world and take it by storm, however, now we’re all grown up, we actually realise that adulthood probably isn’t all that it was cracked up to be.

When I look at my teenage years, I sit there and think, we had it so easy,  compared to this whole growing up and being an adult malarkey I’d rather go back to been a teen! So what exactly do I miss about being a teenager?

1. Seeing my best friends everyday.

That was one of the best feelings ever knowing I was going to see my best friends. Knowing that I could have had the world’s worst morning possible and my best friends would be there making me smile, making everything better and making me laugh so hard I would forget everything in an instant.

2. Non – uniform days.

We were forever waiting for some of the best news possible, non uniform days! That would be the day where you would hope that someone wasn’t going to be wearing the same thing as you, but also making sure that you were looking  your most fabulous especially if you were going to be seeing someone you had a crush on!

3. Being in the school bubble.

When you were at school, it literally left you feeling in a little bubble, like the world revolved around you in every way possible! You walk along, waving to people you know, but not only that you feel like the queen.

4. The crazy romances.

Remember when you started to like someone, and you would be constantly thinking about what could be going through their heads, but not only that, have a huge analysis of their partners or who they’ve been flirting with.

5. Having a time to be home by.

Honestly it’s lovely to have freedom, it really is, but sometimes having those boundaries are something I genuinely miss so much! If I was late I would get into so much trouble but that was okay because I managed to get a few more minutes being out!

6. P.E

I loved P.E for one reason, me and my best friend spent most of the time laughing and giggling! We actually have some photos of when we were supposed to be in P.E but instead were outside the sports hall taking photos. Sorry Mrs Tucker!

7. Watching chick flicks at sleepovers.

I haven’t had a sleepover in so long, and being able to watch amazing chick flicks like confessions of a teenage drama queen, mean girls, a cinderella’s story, all of those and watching them constantly even if we knew all the words.

8. Having the TV rolled into class.

When you had that TV rolled into class, you know for a fact that it’s going to be a lesson that you never want to end. Even if it was a film that you had never seen, you could at least sit with your phone underneath your blazer and text!

9. Those firsts.

First kisses, first crush, first hand hold, first time getting drunk, first party! Everything about them was so exciting, it was amazing, and a fantastic feeling, there was nothing that I loved more!

10. Having very few responsibilities.

Remember the times when you didn’t have to worry about any bills coming out and the biggest worry was whether or not you were going to be able to go out at the weekend? Gosh those were the best days right?

11. Constantly being bored.

I used to be bored all of the time, you didn’t want to do anything, or if you did, it wasn’t exactly going to be doing the chores that you were probably supposed to do. Not only that having homework was another thing that you didn’t want to do. Being an adult not having anything to do of a weekend is actually getting me quite excited!

12. Having a 6 week holiday.

6 weeks worth of lay ins, how good does that sound? Having 6 weeks of going out, spending time with friends and family and no homework, it was the absolute dream. The only problem with it was the 6 weeks always went too quick!

love amie xox

26/03/2016 / 1:35 pm

I do too Lisa! I want the old days back!💜

1. 25/03/2016 / 6:49 pm

Oh yes the good old days. I mean I’m only 20 but it seems like my teens were ages ago. 1. and 9. are definitely something I miss the most. The excitement of getting to spend some time with your first crush and being all awkward because you’re so inexperienced, first kisses, telling about them to your best friend… oh those times. Then again I’m really enjoying “adulthood” too 🙂

26/03/2016 / 1:36 pm

I’m really enjoying it too, there are good and bad things about all different times in your life, but the important thing is we enjoy life to the maximum!💜

2. 25/03/2016 / 7:37 pm

aww this was absolutely lovely to read, and some of the points are definitely worth being missed.

26/03/2016 / 1:37 pm

Thank you so much Rabia!💜

3. 25/03/2016 / 7:52 pm

Whenever the TV was rolled into class everyone cheered at school because we all knew it was a chilled out, easy lesson – and it was always especially good fun when it was the end of term as we knew the teachers would just put a film on for a couple of hours. I do miss school sometimes and the little fun things that, looking back on now, I think I took for granted. Great post Amie! I feel all nostalgic now. – Tasha

26/03/2016 / 1:39 pm

I totally agree darling! When it came to the end of term, sometimes you would have a non uniform day and it would be like, hallelujah no uniform!Awh I’m glad you enjoyed it though sweetheart and I got you feeling all nostalgic 💜

4. 26/03/2016 / 9:15 am

I love this. I used to love seeing my best friends and having sleepovers etc, everyone’s drifted away so much now. I used to always ‘leave’ my pe kit, it was always freezing and we were only allowed to wear shorts! The TV being rolled in was the best though x

Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

26/03/2016 / 1:41 pm

I agree, I am still very close with my best friends, we talk all the time, sometimes though not seeing them everyday makes you realise how special they are to you because you work hard at a friendship. Oh my gosh I feel so sorry for you! Shorts were the worst in the winter, especially if you were doing cross country or something!💜

5. 26/03/2016 / 12:07 pm

I am a teenager and will definitely miss these things when I’m older! I’m just trying to enjoy it while it lasts 🙂 xx

Eleanorclaudie.blogspot.co.uk

26/03/2016 / 1:41 pm

Enjoy every moment of it sweetheart, and remember that life is beautiful!💜

6. 26/03/2016 / 1:18 pm

The old days were brilliant. I loved coming home from school and just hanging out on msn. Those were the days haha

26/03/2016 / 1:42 pm

Oh my gosh MSN was literally my life! It was like an addiction, you could customise your name and everything, have all your friends in your status! Gosh teens are missing out!💜

7. 28/03/2016 / 3:31 pm

I’m still a teen but after leaving school to go to college I’ve realised how much of these things I miss, the happiness of not wearing uniform just for one day is such an odd thing to miss seeing as I never wear uniform now but I do miss it haha! Great post! xx
    acalculatedmess.blogspot.co.uk

29/03/2016 / 8:21 am

I do too! We all complained about it when we were wearing it, but it’s something you miss! It was so much easier wearing uniform!💜

8. 28/03/2016 / 7:27 pm

I was talking about this with my friends the other day and we said a lot of the same things as you, especially when it came to not having any responsibilities! I miss seeing my friends every day too, I definitely took it for granted xx

Toasty

29/03/2016 / 8:23 am

I took it for granted too, it can be much more difficult to keep a friendship going when you’re not at school but true friends definitely keep it going!💜

9. 28/03/2016 / 7:31 pm

Haha I wish I took those 6 week holidays a bit more seriously… I could do with a 6 week holiday now!

Jodie @ Jodetopia x

29/03/2016 / 8:25 am

Same! The not having to worry about getting up in the morning and just laying there and chilling out!💜

10. 28/03/2016 / 10:07 pm

I can’t complain – as a teacher I get the same time off during the summer months. (thankfully) But I totally miss having less responsiblities and being able to just have a girls night and watch all the cheesy romance movies and no one says anything about it. Now a days if I want to watch a movie the husband has to approve so usually my sappy girl night movies are saved for when he works nights. Lol.

PE was one of the easiest classes out there. All you had to do was dress and participate… yet I failed. HA! Totally enjoyed this post because it brought be back through memory lane. Thanks!

29/03/2016 / 8:28 am

Oh my gosh yes! I’ve managed to get my husband to watch Disney, which is a step in the right direction! I think I’ve definitely got to plan a movie night with the girls soon, it definitely needs to happen. I managed to pass it somehow haha, not too sure how but I did! Thank you so much my lovely it honestly means the world. 💜

11. 01/04/2016 / 7:58 pm

This was such a lovely easy going post to read. I can definitely relate to lots of these – especially non uniform days and PE haha, I used to love playing bench ball & rounders.
    Lucie xo | lucieleannexo.wordpress.com

01/04/2016 / 8:33 pm

I miss non uniform days so much! Oh my gosh rounders was the bloody best! 💜

04/04/2016 / 5:46 pm

I totally agree, back then it seemed like honestly it was the hardest thing ever but then we grow up and it doesn’t seem so bad💜

12. 14/04/2016 / 8:42 pm

Oh my god I cannot even tell you how nostalgic this post made me feel.. I felt a little tug on my heart strings! Oh to be young and carefree again .. I cannot even believe we spent out times wishing we were adults!! I LOVED the 6 week holidays.. but oh my did they fly by!! Seeing your friends everyday was such a luxury.. I loved this post so so much Amie.. fab job !!

Saira
    xo

15/04/2016 / 4:07 pm

Awh you’re such a sweetheart, thank you so much gorgeous! I totally agree, I mean we took for granted sitting in lessons, however, we got to socialise at the same time. I wish we were back in those days sometimes!💜

13. 23/05/2016 / 3:23 pm

Such a lovely read, I miss so many of these things too but definitely not PE, I hated it especially hockey.
    Sharon Xx

rosieloveslife.blogspot.com

26/05/2016 / 3:02 pm

Thank you so much darling, I loved hockey personally I liked being able to hit the hockey puck across the astro turf!💜

05/06/2016 / 12:44 pm

It was the best right? When you saw a glimpse of it, it didn’t matter what you were watching it was the fact that you didn’t have to do much!💜