Reasons To Love Winter

valentines-day-624440_1920

Winter is most definitely my favourite time of year, I love the cold, being able to cuddle up in bed with my wonderful husband, bringing out all the hot chocolate, fluffy slippers and chunky jumper weather. The thing about winter is you might be be living near beautiful serine mountains that are covered in snow (I also am seriously hoping that London get’s some snow soon, because it is some of my favourite things in the world) but I think it definitely allows you to become close to the people you love. I know with winter, it means that I get to snuggle up closely with my husband and share all of his warmth because I never warm up!

So what are some of the reasons I love winter?

1. Lots of layers

I love layering in the winter, there is nothing better than having a wonderful chunky jumper on, fluffy socks, hats, scarves, gloves and doing everything that you can to keep yourself warm and toasty!

2. Hot Drinks

I love hot drinks, I mean hot chocolate is my absolute favourite in the entire world, it gives you so much warmth and it definitely kills the sweet cravings that you can have. However, I have to admit that it does make me incredibly comfortable and I usually end up falling asleep by the time I’ve drunk my hot drink.

3. Snow

It’s so beautiful right? It makes the place look so bright and beautiful, the way it glistens in the light, and when it falls and you’re watching it, it is so relaxing! I love having snowball fights with my husband when it snows, we always have such a laugh together!

4. Cuddles with your partner

When you have the biggest cuddles together and you’re cold and just being close, touching each others skin, you just stay so warm and toasty! I know when I cuddle up with Paul, I usually have really cold fingers, and I touched his hands the other day and he just warmed them so softly, it was beautiful!

5. Sunshine on cold crisp mornings

On mornings when you’re off to work, it’s cold but it’s sunny it just makes the day so much better. It’s not grey and dismal it’s enough to make your day start a lot better, and that chill in the air definitely wakes you up.

6. Watching Sunrises

I love being able to watch the sunrise because in the summer you’re very lucky if you’re able to watch it because the days are so long, so when it comes to winter at least you have more of a chance of catching it. And when you do, it is honestly so beautiful!

7. Winter Food

I bloody love winter food, it is absolutely delicious, having things like stew (oh my gosh I love it) or loads of roast dinners, soup and porridge/oats in the morning are totally the best things in the entire world, it keeps you warm, its hearty and delicious!

8. Shaving Isn’t Necessary

Oh my gosh when it comes to shaving your legs in the winter, you can at least leave it a bit longer than you normally would. And when you do end up shaving it literally feels like your legs are free!!

What are your favourite things about winter? Let me know in the comments.

1. 29/01/2016 / 11:10 am

I love winter for all the reasons above. Plus, I don’t like warm weather or humidity so cold weather is perfect for me.

29/01/2016 / 12:22 pm

Same Rosie, it is my absolute favourite thing! I can’t deal with the UK’s humidity, it’s a sweaty heat not a dry one!💜

2. 29/01/2016 / 11:23 am

Hahha love the last reason. Unfortunately having a new relationship means – It is still very much on 🙁 lol

I agree with your reasons, however living in UK I rarely see sunshine and snow is as mythical as unicorn :/

I still love winter. I lovelayering of clothes, warm evenings at home, winter makeup, generally staying in more x

Lovely post.

Love D http://idorottka.blogspot.co.uk

29/01/2016 / 12:24 pm

Enjoy your new relationship my love it’s amazing! I’m in the UK too, yesterday it was beautifully warm sunshine, no breeze, but I haven’t seen any snow yet 🙁 💜

3. 29/01/2016 / 1:54 pm

All of these things are great! Sunshine on cold crisp mornings <3

What do you use for vegan hot chocolate? x

29/01/2016 / 4:07 pm

Yesterdays was beautiful! It was so sunny, it was warm sunshine but it had that nip in the air. In terms of vegan hot chocolate lovely, I use Sweet Freedom Choc Shot, it is absolutely delicious and they have 3 different flavours! I have tried the choc shot with coconut and it’s delicious & the regular hot chocolate which is amazing too. They have an orange spice one too, I’ve not tried that one 🙂 💜💜

31/01/2016 / 10:40 am

I’m really not a summer person, I’m terrible, I hate not being able to cool down!💜

4. 29/01/2016 / 7:46 pm

Great post lovely!
    I’m def a summer girl, so not a big fan of winter, but your points are exactly what still make me enjoy it from time to time.

Love, Simona xx
    skysbookcorner.blogspot.com

31/01/2016 / 10:41 am

The only thing I dislike about Summer is not being able to cool down 🙁 I like to be in control of my own heat and in the summer I actually can’t!💜

5. 29/01/2016 / 9:11 pm

Great reasons to love winter. I hate having to shave during the summer and I barely ever do it in Winter unless I go bare legged on a night out! I got a hot chocolate earlier today and they really are the best. <3

Ellen,

31/01/2016 / 10:43 am

Same! I’m a bit tentative when it comes to shaving because I always find that I miss a bit an it’s the worst part! Oh my gosh hot chocolate and marshmallows *gone to heaven* 💜

6. 30/01/2016 / 1:21 am

What a lovely post! I came home all out-of-sorts about this frigid Chicago weather, and then I read your words and suddenly it doesn’t seem so bad at all! In fact, there might be a cuddle in my future, in bed with the hubby, the puppies, and a nice cup of spiced tea!

31/01/2016 / 10:44 am

I have to admit when you’ve been away and it’s chilly to come home to, it’s a bit of a shock to the system! I hope you enjoy your evening my darling and chill out!💜

7. 31/01/2016 / 2:05 pm

I definitely prefer the cold! It’s so nice to wrap up in a whole lot of layers and duvets. I don’t like the shorter days though, I just want a bit more daylight then it would all be perfect! x

01/02/2016 / 3:52 pm

I totally agree my darling! I love the cold, to be honest I would love to be able to have the longer days because at least then you could get in some more blog photo opportunities!💜

8. 02/02/2016 / 1:45 pm

Yep, all these reasons! I really hope we get some snow soon as I just love it! I did lol at your comment about shaving. I’m notorious for waiting longer between shaves in the Winter. In the Summer? I shave almost every day! Haha. Fab post! xo

03/02/2016 / 11:42 am

I’m hoping that we do get some soon, but I have a funny feeling that we won’t 🙁 which is a shame! I’m the same! In summer your legs see daylight, whereas in the winter they’ve got no chance!💜