The Best Things In Life Are Free

tray-984042_1920

With everyone trying to start a fresh this year, whether it is investing in lifestyle changes, or it’s taking positive steps forward in  your life, either way sometimes we need to be reminded that the best things in life are most definitely free.

I think that sometimes we tend to forget these things because we live such busy lives, and that in a lot of cases is an understatement. Taking a step back, and doing things that don’t cost money (especially if you’re on a budget) can be the perfect relaxation, and you don’t have to spend 1 penny!

Cuddles with your partner

I have to admit that is my favourite thing in the entire world, being able to snuggle up in the arms of my incredible husband is the most relaxing thing in the entire world. When we cuddle up after I’ve finished my bloggers chats and sorting my blog out, just laying there and under the duvets and just relaxing and talking to each other.

Catching up with friends

Friend are such an important part of our lives, and they mean a hell of a lot to us, they’re there for us no matter what happens, so when you get to see them, it’s perfect. You get to catch up, get all nostalgic about your past memories, have a right laugh, catch up on all the gossip, watch movies and do all your favourite things together!

Tea

Tea is one of my favourite things in the entire world, it’s calming, it’s delicious and above all, it’s perfect for every situation! I cannot get enough of tea, and it comes in so many flavours, I mean the possibilities are endless!

Clean Sheets

I kid you not, there is nothing I love more than clean sheets, I mean when you get into clean sheets after a day where you’ve been ridiculously busy, and you get into clean sheets it’s like hallelujah thank god for lovely clean sheets!

Duvet Days

This is usually one of my favourite parts of the weekend, Paul and I try to do something like this in the evening at least on a Saturday because nothing beats relaxing with the one you love watching a dvd or tv series!

Being Productive

I love getting lots done during the day, especially when it comes to things like blog posts or even workouts, I get so much done and I feel incredible. I got so much done on Monday, I felt like I’d just conquered the world, it was bloody fantastic!

Receiving Post

I’m the type of person who adores posts, I’m really old fashioned, when I was waiting for a Christmas card from Sassy I literally waited by my letterbox, I was so excited! It is one of the best things in the world especially when it’s from one of your favourite people in the world!

Giving Presents

I’m the type of person that struggled with things like Christmas because I can’t  to seethe other person’s face when they open it, so I love giving people things, even if it is something little, I try to do my best! It’s my Mum’s birthday in February so I’m looking forward to buying her present!

What are some of your favourite free things? Leave me your faves in the comments!

TwitterInstagramTumblr – Pinterest – Blog Lovin’ – Facebook

1. 06/01/2016 / 7:56 am

Aw, I love giving presents and receiving post as well 😀
    So glad, you liked my parcel 🙂 Have you tried the stuff in it yet? 🙂
    Actually, the whole list is great, because it’s all small things that are easy affordable or free at all and they’ll just make you happy. That’s great 🙂
    Sassy xx

06/01/2016 / 9:12 am

Yes Sassy I have! I tried the chocolate (oh my gosh it’s so good) I’ve tried my little frog for my tea, the hand warmer which is coming in so handy! Still got everything else to try and I’ve got the drawing in my diary! Thank you so much for being one of my best friends and being such an amazing person. So grateful to have you in my life!<3

2. Emma Louise
    06/01/2016 / 10:29 am

Things like this are definitely taken for granted in the world. I really liked this post. Duvet days are the best. Hopping from your PJs to your onesie is my favourite part.

Gorgeous blog.

EL xx

06/01/2016 / 10:53 am

Thank you so much Emma Louise! It means a lot! I have to admit I need to get a new onesie, my old one is literally way too big now! Thank you so much dalring, happy new year! <3

3. 07/01/2016 / 12:44 am

I really loved this post, it is true, the best things in life are for free. I have to say my favourite free thing is definitely the feeling of being appreciated and the feeling of having a loving family. I do love receiving post and giving presents though, I get a little more sad than a 19 year old should get when there is no post for me!

07/01/2016 / 11:40 am

I completely agree, when you have the best family and friends around you is so important! Oh gosh I’m the same! I’m 22 and I still get disheartened when I don’t get as much post as I would like!💜

4. 07/01/2016 / 4:57 pm

Oh, you just made me want to have a day off and do all these little things that make us happy but that we usually take for granted. I also have one to add to the list: freshly washed fluffy PJs! There´s nothing better than getting into these after a nice, hot shower and then just snuggling up in bed and watching tv!
    xx Lisa | Following Lisa

5. 08/01/2016 / 9:00 pm

I love meeting up with friends to get a break from school and work. If I need time to myself, I prefer to read a good book and drink tea.

08/01/2016 / 9:47 pm

I am obsessed with reading at the moment! Is there anything in particular you are reading that you’re really enjoying?💜

6. Kira
    08/01/2016 / 9:25 pm

A fellow tea jenny!!! Hello young brit, good to know I’m not the only one who loves getting mail. (Unless it’s a bill though. Don’t like them at all!) I love long walks through country lanes or woodland. It’s always bliss. Or a big mug of hot choco. Yum.

Kira xx

08/01/2016 / 9:49 pm

I am obsessed with tea I mean honestly, I can’t get enough of it! What is your favourite kind of tea? I love seeing my postman, we get on so well and he is always brilliant and makes a joke about the amount of post he delivers here! It’s such a shame I don’t really have much woodland near me, we have a little bit, which is just down the road, but we have to take a drive to somewhere if we want a proper wood! It’s so relaxing though right? Walking through trees and hearing the leaves crunching under your feet!💜

• Kira
        05/05/2016 / 9:52 pm

Sorry for such a late reply!! im really loving peppermint and nettle by twinnings. It’s seems to taste better on a cold day. or when I need a small pick me up. I’m lucky I have the meadows not far from me and if I go into town we have the glen there. It’s stunning any season. I love how quiet it is and its the best place to get your head together when you need it. Love the sound of leaves crunching under my boots!! So soothing. Or when your near a small river, even better. xx

06/05/2016 / 4:13 pm

Don’t be silly Kira it’s totally okay! I love the sound of that peppermint and nettle tea, I think I might have to have a look at getting some of that!💜

• Kira
            06/05/2016 / 5:15 pm

Gets it!! I actually have to get more, im to close to finishing it. But it honestly is the tea ive had so far. Xx

7. 16/01/2016 / 6:11 pm

Love this post! I can relate to so many. Love duvet days, clean sheets, and tea. I’m like a kid at Christmas when I’m waiting for mail too! Great post, I loved reading this 🙂 x http://www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

18/01/2016 / 5:04 pm

I completely agree Aimee, there is nothing better than duvet days, clean sheets and tea, it’s like, oh my gosh I’m so comfy! Thank you lovely it honestly means a lot!💜

8. 02/04/2016 / 9:07 pm

Agree with all of these, cuddles at night and early morning with my boyfriend are the best thing is the world it makes me look forward to going to bed and waking up! Nothing getting in to bed when you changed the sheets they’re just so fresh, need to do mine tomorrow!

Meme xx

New Post:
    Beneath the Surface by Heidi Perks Book Review

04/04/2016 / 5:42 pm

Thank you so much Meme! It honestly means a lot! I love fresh sheets, they’re literally the best thing in the world and not only that you literally just want to roll around!💜

9. Maxine
    04/05/2016 / 9:08 pm

I agree with all of these, especially the giving presents and cuddles one. And, the new/clean sheets one too! I recently splashed out on a new duvet, pillow and bedding and that night was the best night’s sleep I’ve had in years haha.

Maxine, xo

05/05/2016 / 1:06 pm

Nothing beats new pillows, especially when they’re so fluffy you feel like you’ve been wrapped up in a marshmallow!💜