My Favourite Christmas Tradition

snowy-still-life-1057326_1920

Ever since Paul and I started our relationship we have had this tradition, we would buy a Christmas decoration for the tree each year, and we have done that since our first Christmas together. Buying a decoration literally makes me smile so much and we put a lot of thoughts into what decoration we put on our tree. Luckily for you I’ve taken photos of some of the ones that we have bought!

e

d

This is one of the first ones Paul bought, and by the way he calls me beaver because when I get into a writing phase, I tend to build a sort of dam so I have my notebooks, stationary, all around me. This means that he cannot get anywhere near near me and if he disturbs my system I get super grumpy!

c

b

This is one that I bought, I was so excited for Paul to see this because when I got this we had just recently booked the wedding, it was one of the best countdowns ever. I had never seen Paul smile as much as he did when he opened this box up!

f

My mum bought this one from Winter Wonderland just after Christmas & Paul adored this one, it is literally says everything about us. When it comes to Christmas I get ridiculously excited, it is something that should be celebrated, and dressing the tree is one of our fave things to do together.

a

I bought this one for Paul and I just before we got married, it was my turn to buy a Christmas decoration and I was over the moon with it, I got such a smile on my face and it felt like the one that I needed on the tree last year.

g

My mum bought this one just after we got married, I cried when I saw this one, because it felt so real and we had actually got married! All those months of planning and it felt like it had gone by in a whirlwind, I couldn’t believe that we were finally husband and wife!

h

Our newest addition, I love penguins, they are the cutest things in the world, and I decided that this would be our one this year. I’m a sucker for cute Christmas decorations and this was the one for the year!

What’s your Christmas tradition?

TwitterInstagramTumblr – Pinterest – Blog Lovin’ – Facebook

1. 13/12/2015 / 10:26 am

This is such an amazing tradition! So beautiful and the decorations are amazing!!

Jodie @ Jodetopia x

14/12/2015 / 7:29 am

Thank you so much Jodie, it means a lot! <3

2. Amy
    13/12/2015 / 1:01 pm

What a lovely tradition! The wee penquins are so so cute! xx

Amy x
    Amysthoughtsblog.blogspot.com

14/12/2015 / 7:30 am

Ah the penguins are beautiful, I wasn’t sure which one I was going to get this year but I couldn’t resist the penguins! <3

3. 13/12/2015 / 4:34 pm

I love traditions like this. My mom really likes to stick with a theme for the Christmas tree, so we rarely have such lovely, personal decorations on there. There´s this one very ugly elk though that my parents bought before I was born on holiday with friends somewhere. It´s unbelievably ugly but I love the story behind it, so I ask them to tell it to me every time they put up the tree. Stories to decorations are the best thing!

xx Lisa | Following Lisa

14/12/2015 / 7:31 am

I completely agree Lisa! There is nothing better than there having meaningful story behind a decoration, my Nan used to hang ones from the ceiling, and this year we have hung snowflakes from the ceiling! <3

4. 14/12/2015 / 9:21 pm

All those decorations are so cute!! Congratulations on your anniversary today darling <3

15/12/2015 / 10:00 am

Thank you so much Anne darling! I miss your beautiful face💜💜