The Raw Chocolate Company
I have over the last few weeks been proud and honoured to work with The Raw Chocoalte Company, I have been in love with them for so long that I was over the moon to be back in the kitchen creating some incredible recipes. If you’ve never heard of them, they have so much to offer you even if you’re not a vegan, you can make everything from your own chocolate, to having delicious snacks and some incredible chocolate I recommend them to absolutely everyone because they are one of the best companies. If you missed my previous recipes     trust me, they’re worth a read & definitely worth making.
I love baking muffins, they’re perfect for the colder months, and you can’t beat having some muffins that have melted chocolate chips, when they’ve just come out of the oven, have I made you hungry enough yet? Well you haven’t seen these things of beauty yet and trust me they’re worth the wait.
|Prep Time||Cooking/Cooling Time||Overall Time||Yields|
|30 Minutes||1 Hour||1 Hour 30 Mins||12 Muffins|
- 1½ cups flour
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips (I used white & milk)
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ cacao powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- ¾ cup milk (almond, rice, soya, coconut etc)
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegan food colouring or you can make your own with carrots!
- 1 cup powdered sugar (remember to sift)
- ½ vegan butter (I used vitalite)
- ½ coconut milk
- Start off by adding in the vegan butter, vanilla & milk on a slow speed.
- Once you’ve started the mixing slowly add in the sifted powdered sugar, remember to do this slowly because you don’t want an accident with putting the sugar everywhere!
- Once you’ve added all the powdered sugar and it’s mixed in, keep it beating for a while just to make sure that the mixture is fluffy to put them all on the muffins. I refrigerated my frosting after leaving it to rest for 20 minutes. This makes it really easy to spread or pipe on depending on what you are wanting to do.
Method – Muffins
- Start off by mixing in all of the ingredients for the muffins beside the chocolate chips that you have, tried to use a food processor because you want to make sure that all of the ingredients are mixed through thoroughly!
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit | Gas Mark 6
- Put your muffin cases onto the muffin tray and make sure you’ve greased the cases.
- Slowly take a teaspoon of mixture at a time (after the 1st teaspoon, sprinkle a few chocolate chips in) and put them into the muffin cases (do not over fill them, I go to just below ¾ of the way)
- Leave your muffins to cook for 25 – 30 mins depending on the density of your muffins, if you’re unsure if they’re cooked, get a knife and put it into the middle of the cake, if it comes out clean, they’re cooked.
- One you’ve allowed the muffins to cool, start by slowly putting the icing on the top, I decided to pipe mine in small shapes. Once on I added some of the left over sweets from the chocolate bark & alien rice krispie bars to put on the top.