Halloween Sweet Treats
With Halloween coming up I was thinking it would be a wonderful idea to create some delicious and tasty vegan alternatives to what is in the stores. There is so much variety out there, but sometimes you like a little more control over what you’re eating, and if you’re having a Halloween party then these recipes will be perfect!
A Chocolate Extravaganza
This is how my delicious vegan chocolate bark came out, want to know I made this thing of absolute beauty? Well, of course you do, so shall we get started?
- 2 cups vegan chocolate (make sure you’re able to melt it! )
- 1/4 cup Cacao Powder from The Raw Chocolate Company
- 1 cup of your favourite sweet treats
- Line a tray with some lining paper (I used baking paper so it doesn’t stick) depending on how thin or thick you want the bark if you want a thicker bark use a smaller tin, if you want a thinner bark, make the tin bigger
- Boil some water on a stove until it starts to bubble. Once it has started to boil put a glass bowl filled with chocolate above it. Tip 1: make sure that the water isn’t touching the bowl or any water comes into contact with the chocolate as it could cause the chocolate to seize or become unstable. Tip 2: Make sure that the water doesn’t become too hot as it could cause the chocolate to split.
- Once all of the chocolate has melted, leave it to relax for about a minute while you put some of your sweet treats in the bottom, once you’ve done this slowly pour the chocolate into the tray. Don’t use all of it because you want some left aside.
- Put a second layer of your treats, space them out how you want them, however remember that the thicker you make your bark the longer it will take to cool.
- Put the rest of the chocolate on the top, don’t worry too much if there are some of your sweet treats poking out, some of mine were too, it’s not a problem!
- Leave in the freezer for about 15 minutes, and then once you’ve had it in the freezer, put it in the fridge, that way you avoid the frostbite!