How Do You Like Your Breakfast In The Morning?
As most people will know I love my nicecream in the morning (not sure what it is, click here) but when it comes to those cold winter morning, sometimes you just need something that is a little bit warmer so I decided that for the first time in years I would make some power oats for the morning.
It’s official though, I’ve fallen in love with them all over again.
I for one cannot live without having lots of fruit for breakfast, I mean it is one of the things I love the most about my mornings, my fruit is fuel and my favourite kind, so how did I make it?
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of coconut palm sugar from The Raw Chocolate Co
- 1/4 cup of cacao powder from The Raw Chocolate Co
- 1 banana
- Vegan milk for consistency
- Start off by cooking the raspberries and blueberries down with a splash of vegan milk of your choice, it will thicken the fruit mixture up and you don’t want to much milk in the mixture if you want to keep it quite thick, if you like a thinner, creamier consistency then add more milk but make sure you test it enough to your liking. Keep the pan on a medium heat,
- Once you’ve cooked the raspberries down add the vanilla, banana & palm sugar and give it a few more minutes to get right into the mixture.
- Once you’ve added those in it’s time for the oats, pour all of them into a the saucepan and stir that pot. It won’t take long for the oats to cook through, it took me about 4 minutes but make sure you test it to your liking and keep it on a low heat so it doesn’t start to stick to the pan. (You don’t want to be sharing any of that deliciousness with the pan.)
Made some delicious oats using this recipe? Let me know in the comments below, I’d love to know how you got on!