Of The Earth Superfoods
I have been working with this absolutely fabulous company and I have recently been trying and testing their Yacon Syrup, if you missed my previous explanation of the syrup click here and catch up with the latest buzz. Once you have caught up, there is an incredible recipe for Vegan Lemon Muffins here as I have been told they’re every lemon lovers dream.
I know my opinion is going to be biased, but how amazing do these muffins look? Trust me they taste even better than they look.
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¾ cup of Yacon Syrup (¾ cup equals 1 cup of sugar)
- ¾ cup milk (almond, rice, soya, coconut etc)
- 1 tablespoon pure peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Start off by mixing all of the ingredients above into a mixer except the vegan chocolate chips, and make sure that all of the ingredients are thoroughly mixed in (you don’t want any flour clumps in your muffins)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit | Gas Mark 6
- Put your muffin cases onto the muffin tray and make sure you’ve greased the cases.
- Slowly take a teaspoon of mixture at a time (after the 1st teaspoon, sprinkle a few chocolate chips in) and put them into the muffin cases (do not over fill them, I go to just below ¾ of the way)
- Leave your muffins to cook for 25 – 30 mins depending on the density of your muffins, if you’re unsure if they’re cooked, get a knife and put it into the middle of the cake, if it comes out clean, they’re cooked.
- Leave to cool before eating!