Of The Earth Superfoods
As you probably know, I have been reviewing for Of The Earth Superfoods, and I’ve recently posted about the fabulous Yacon syrup, if you missed it, here is the link. Personally I had never heard off Yacon before this so I was going into this test blindfolded but honestly it was actually really easy to use.
There are the absolutely delicious muffins in all their beautiful glory. It might look like I have caught one side or they’re not cooked enough, but I promise you that they are and they are absolutely delicious. If you’re a lemon lover then these are perfect for you.
- 3/4 cup Yacon from Of The Earth Superfoods (3/4 cup of yacon = 1 cup of sugar)
- 1½ cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3/4 cup of milk (rice, almond, soya, coconut etc)
- 1/3 cup of lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- Start off by mixing all of the ingredients above into a mixer, and make sure that all of the ingredients are thoroughly mixed in (you don’t want any flour clumps in your muffins)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit | Gas Mark 6
- Put your muffin cases onto the muffin tray and make sure you’ve greased the cases.
- Slowly take a teaspoon of mixture at a time and put them into the muffin cases (do not over fill them, I go to just below ¾ of the way)
- Leave your muffins to cook for 25 – 30 mins depending on the density of your muffins, if you’re unsure if they’re cooked, get a knife and put it into the middle of the cake, if it comes out clean, they’re cooked.
- Leave to cool before eating!