We all go through these times, when things don’t ever seem to go right, or times where we would just rather curl up in bed and sleep the day away, but there are ways that can help you to focus on the positives in your life and make the most out of every single beautiful day that we get.
How to focus on YOUR HAPPINESS
- Food is your friend – Eating your feeling isn’t always a bad thing, for example eating eating foods that you love, they can really help you and it can help to reduce any feelings that are related to rejection. If you’re having a low day treat yourself, buy your favourite food, put your favourite movie on and chill.
- Focus on the positives – When you’re having a low day, sometimes you can struggle and you end up looking back on things that might not have gone the way they should have, or things that have bought you down, but you can’t change the past, you can learn from it, you are a stronger person, all of these things can help to mold you into the fabulous person that you are.
- Clear your living space – If you have been waiting a while to have a huge clear out, then there is no better day than today, detoxing your living space can be so therapeutic but it can help you to feel like you’ve not only achieved something but it can help clear your mind and room of all the stuff you no longer need and things that are just not useful to you anymore.
- Do something you won’t usually do – Challenging yourself can be an amazing thing that you can do, doing something different challenges yourself emotionally and physically and the best bit, you never know where things could lead.
- Forgive yourself – This is something that is so simple to say, but difficult to do, forgive yourself for your mistakes, everyone makes them, and at some point in life it’s about accepting what has happened, make sure you’ve apologised and tried to make it up to the person or whoever was involved in that mistake, moving forward is the important so accepting that things take time and accepting the past and forgiving your mistakes. We are only human.
- Take a positive out of every day – This is something that I swear by, when I’m feeling down, or I’m having a bad day, when I lay in bed every night, I will remind myself of one positive that I’ve had, it can be something simple like I got out of bed and smiled, or maybe it was a beautiful day and you went out for a long walk.
- Write yourself a letter to read in a few months – When you are feeling like you don’t have a clue where you’re going, maybe you’re wondering where you go from here, write yourself a letter about what you want to achieve in the next few months, where do you want you life to go, what do you want to achieve, maybe you want to be able to run a mile, or maybe you would want ti be able to achieve a few days without a panic attack. Focus on the happiness.
- Change your attitude – When we go through those everyday things that we hate, for example the long commute to work, or maybe standing doing the washing up when you’re absolutely shattered, put your favourite playlist on that you love to listen to, something that you can sing along to, this is something that you can enjoy, have fun with, but also it changes your attitude and the way you look at things.
- Write your bucket list – This can be incredible way to make you see what you want to do in life, where you want to be, all of the beautiful photos, all of these places you want to visit, can make you feel so much happier.
- Surround yourself with the people you love – The people around you are supportive, they love you, care about you and the important thing is when your life seems a little down, they’re around you, they will pick you up when you get down.
happiness is important, and never forget that.