All of us girls know how important it is to find the right bra, you know what happens, you walk in the store, you find these fabulous bras, you think this one should fit, take it home to find that it doesn’t fit, it’s either too tight, too big, not offering the right support, and it can just be annoying right? Well that stops officially, now.
How to start your search for the right bra?
Firstly you need to look at your outfits, what sort of bra do you need, what works the best, what colours work better. Think of it this way, if you’re putting a swimming pool in your garden, you don’t start sorting the water out before you’ve built it do you? Precisely.
So what exactly do you need in your lingerie draw?
The saving grace of the lingerie industry is the multiway bra, it’s a fabulous invention, this way you can modify the bra to bra to what you’re wearing, so if you are wearing a halterneck dress, you can change it, and some of them can also allow you to have it strapless, therefore you save so much money on different bras.
So now we know what we want, what else do we need to do?
- Research how you feel in your bras, everyone has had those bras where you’ve had bulging out of either side of your bras, they are scratching your shoulders or they’re painful. Write down what problems you’ve had, that way when you go shopping, you know what you’re looking for and what you’re not.
- Go get measured, this is so important because you might bee wearing the wrong size, completely. You need to be measured so you’re offering your boobs the right support. The best way to get measured is by the experts at any department store, the reason I say this is because they can literally offer the best advice. So for example if you’re looking for a specific bra, maybe a bridal bar, they can point you in the right direction for what works best for your breast. Make sure if you do get measured it’s done on a regular basis.
- Look for quality, I know this is easier said than done, however, bras are increasingly important and it can help improve your posture, so it’s important to make sure you have a good quality bra. What I would suggest is maybe spend a bit more on one, not much but save a bit, only because the right bra is most definitely worth it. The better the quality the longer they last.
- Don’t be afraid to try a bra on, I know that is difficult and easier said than done, especially when it’s something as intimate as your boobs, but I promise you this is an important step to making sure your bra is the right size.
- Take a top that is quite thin, the reason is that you need to see how it would look if you wore a top that was quite transparent, therefore there are no surprises when you put a top on!